Data sync fail - Strava

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Anyone else having data sync issues this morning?  My morning run wont appear and I cant see any updates this morning from anyone else.

This is on the mobile app, connected via Garmin Connect, Android on a Galaxy.

I can see the run in the web app OK.

Im wondering if its their end or mine.  Ive logged in and out and no difference.

Edit: cant log into the web app now. Seems Strava is having issues. Anyone else in the same situation?

Post edited at 10:07
 yorkshireman 13 Jan 2019
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

Maybe its fixed now but I can see your run (9.9km?) in the mobile app from this morning.

Haven't tried it myself as feeling run down so taking a couple of days off.

DaveHK 13 Jan 2019

The web page has been a bit clunky for me this morning, connections timing out and suchlike.

In reply to yorkshireman:

Thanks. I can see it now but without mapping detail. The web app is also very hit and miss this morning. Perhaps they are doing some database maintenance or some such.

In reply to DaveHK:

> The web page has been a bit clunky for me this morning, connections timing out and suchlike.

Yep. Ive seen that too. Very flaky. As is the phone app.

Edit: the map doesnt show on the activity on the mobile app and the webapp is showing different and inaccurate miles to the correct mobile app distance.

Post edited at 10:47
 DancingOnRock 13 Jan 2019

Yes. 503 or 509 error. Too many people trying to access it. 

In reply to DancingOnRock:

Ah. Let's see what happens to it in a few hours.

Post edited at 11:31
 DancingOnRock 13 Jan 2019

I’m expecting loads of problems. There’s been a massive uptake of people getting fit this year. 

My freind who does PT is full. My two local parkruns are reporting record attendences. 

I suspect the mild weather is encouraging people to get out and do stuff where normally people would make the New Years resolutions and then be put off by the weather. 

There’s also seems a lot more in the news regarding physical and mental health than there have been in precious years. 

Lots of people running county cross country races today as well. 

Post edited at 11:41
 SouthernSteve 13 Jan 2019

You didn't do it if it isn't on Strava!

ianstevens 13 Jan 2019
In reply to DancingOnRock:

> I’m expecting loads of problems. There’s been a massive uptake of people getting fit this year. 

Should be fine by about Wednesday then. Gym my way is starting to return back to usual.

Ridge 13 Jan 2019

Still a bit flakey, doesn't want to sync with UKStrava Running!

Syncing is dodgy but as DOR says, perhaps its being overloaded by NY resolutionists, which is a good problem to have.   

I was out at 8 ish this morning and I did see more people out than usual. Runners, dog walkers and cyclists. I dont mind that at all; seeing others exercise always gives me a bit of a boost.

The wind was awful though. 

Post edited at 14:37

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...