Carla Molinaro - LEJOG dot watching

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 steelbru 16 Jul 2020

Attempt at the female Lands End to John O'Groats record, started this morning

https://live.opentracking.co.uk/carlalejog20

Roadrunner6 21 Jul 2020
In reply to steelbru:

Have you any idea how it going in relation to the current FKT?

Jim Lancs 21 Jul 2020
In reply to Roadrunner6:

The route on her tracker map seems to be divided into "12 and a bit days" which would seem to tally with her needing to break the 12 and a half day FKT.

So far she seems to be complete each of her planned days.

OP steelbru 21 Jul 2020
In reply to Jim Lancs:

Her tracker route is split into 11 and a bit days, not 12 and a bit. Given her current daily mileage ( almost exactly 70 per day ) that doesn't get her to the necessary distance, so not sure if her splits on OpenTracking are wrong or what..........

Jim Lancs 21 Jul 2020

In reply to steelbru:

> Her tracker route is split into 11 and a bit days, not 12 and a bit.

I struggle with counting once I run out of fingers.

Michael Hood 21 Jul 2020
In reply to steelbru:

Well good luck to her, seems to be on target so far, the current FKT (if the distance is 874 miles) is almost exactly 70 miles/day.

But, to me the request for sponsorship feels a bit naff; should have been sorted out beforehand if it's necessary.

There's no mention of any charity, etc, why should anyone pay for her to have her "fun"; although I can see that a company might want to sponsor her if they get some publicity/marketing in return.

Also, being pernickety I know, it's not something that can have a world record, where else can you do LEJOG? (ooh, I've just set a world record for the fastest traverse of MY living room, if you see what I mean).

Post edited at 18:41
 jdh90 27 Jul 2020
In reply to steelbru:

Ahhhh.... I saw her and two support bikes head into the path of oncoming traffic on the dual carriageway past my crap town between Wigan and Warrington.  I had to stop halfway round a roundabout to avoid running them over.  Then saw "LEJOG record attempt" daubed on the back of a high viz.

Thats the most interesting thing to happen round here since the neighbouring town spawned Rick Astley!

Nice to see its legitimate too and not another lunatic.  On my one trip to the north coast of Scotland I saw a bloke with a really big rucksack pushing up a hill on a little penny skateboard with a flag declaring his JOGLE attempt.

On the last bit now, I can't work out if she's still on track.  Let's hope the luck with motorists continues!

Post edited at 20:03
 Michael Hood 27 Jul 2020
In reply to jdh90:

She's on track to break the women's record (she's got until about 16:00 tomorrow if I've worked it out correctly, and less than 40 miles to go) but way off the overall record which I think is 9 days something.

Actually for this kind of distance, especially after seeing Jasmin Paris's Spine race last year, women's ultra-records being that much slower than men's isn't particularly impressive. I'd expect women to be pretty much competing on par with men for this kind of ultra-distance slogafest.

So whilst what she's doing is a good achievement, I'm not convinced it's great. Still easily 4-5x what I'd manage to cover in 12 days 😁

Ridge 27 Jul 2020
In reply to jdh90:

> my crap town between Wigan and Warrington

That doesn't really narrow it down...

Nic Barber 28 Jul 2020
In reply to Michael Hood:

There are some queries/inconsistancies about the men's LEJOG record: https://www.fastrunning.com/opinion/comment/doubts-cast-over-jogle-record-s...

Dan Lawson is going for it again in a couple of weeks, so more dot-watching action! He had a go 2 years ago: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDJZNv2HhP8/?igshid=qx99fz3hxbqu

Post edited at 10:33
 The New NickB 28 Jul 2020
In reply to Nic Barber:

More than casts doubt. So much history of fantasists in these endurance events. 

Jim Lancs 28 Jul 2020
In reply to steelbru:

Well I'm quite impressed with her achievement - somehow that amount of road running puts it firmly in the 'inconceivable' bracket for me. 

gazhbo 28 Jul 2020
In reply to Jim Lancs:

> Well I'm quite impressed with her achievement - somehow that amount of road running puts it firmly in the 'inconceivable' bracket for me. 

Maybe this isn’t what you meant, but are you suggesting it would be conceivable if it were off road!

Jim Lancs 28 Jul 2020

In reply to gazhbo:

. . .  but are you suggesting it would be conceivable if it were off road!

No not conceivable as in "I could do that' ! But I have done a few long 'off road' runs that at least give a basis for appreciating other people's achievements. However, I didn't enjoy my only road marathon, so idea of doing three a day for 12 days beggars believe.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...