Best inov8 for wet rock

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 John Kelly 13 Oct 2022

Read the blurb but still unsure which is best shoe for wet lake district paths and fells 

Thanks

Dark-Cloud 13 Oct 2022
In reply to John Kelly:

La Sportiva Mutants is your answer

In reply to John Kelly:

If it's specifically Ino8s your after then the Roclite 275s might be worth looking at. Good enough for Jasmin Paris smashing the Spine race in...

shuffle 13 Oct 2022
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

I've just got some Mutants after they were recommended in another thread. They really are good! 

JonLongshanks 14 Oct 2022
In reply to John Kelly:

The Mutants just seem to be on another level. I've had 3 pairs and they are my go-to for rock or any mixed terrain.

I think it's partly due to their softer rubber which is why I'm convinced the soles wear out faster than on other shoes...

ablackett 15 Oct 2022
In reply to John Kelly:

X-talon 212 or X-talon g235, is actually the answer if you don’t want some mutants.

They are quite a narrow ‘racey’ fit, the g235 will be a few more £’s but should last longer. 

StevieH 15 Oct 2022
In reply to OneBeardedWalker:

I Nick named my Old Rock lights ‘The death slippers’ due to their similarities to an ice skate on wet rock.

morpcat 15 Oct 2022
In reply to John Kelly:

My opinion is here: https://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/running/wet_rock_and_fell_running_shoes-7...

Also, it took a while to work up to sharing my opinion with someone with your name

Edit: I should add that I've not tried LS Mutants so can't compare.

Post edited at 23:07
 damowilk 16 Oct 2022
In reply to John Kelly:

I used Mudrocs for years, and overall found that they started off with the best grip I’ve yet come across. I’ve recently switched to La Sportiva Mutants, as I found that Inov8s in general were falling apart quicker, and the grip relied on the protruding soft studs, of which key ones would split off far too soon.
The Mutants have not quite as good grip, particularly on mud, hard packed greasy soil and gravel, worst on steep uphills, but seem substantially more durable so far. 

OP John Kelly 16 Oct 2022
In reply to morpcat:

Not that John Kelly - thanks for the link 

Post edited at 21:01
OP John Kelly 16 Oct 2022
In reply to John Kelly:

I've gone for the Mutants - thanks all

John

greg_may_ 17 Oct 2022
In reply to John Kelly:

May as well stick with your sponsor anyway

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...