Best earbuds for running with an Iphone

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 16 Oct 2020

Looking for the above for a birthday present. Is it worth shelling out a substantial sum or are the ones at £20 more or less as good? All recommendations gratefully received.

Dark-Cloud 16 Oct 2020
In reply to Removed User:

Not sure if you want wireless but  I have a pair of these, they are pretty impressive for the money, stay in well, sound good and with £7.00 off offer off the marked price on Amazon at the moment they are even better value

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07P1T5P97/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_hvFIFbEQWXVJS

PPP 17 Oct 2020

Best? Probably AirPods Pro. No, but AirPods Pro stay in ears, have Siri control and sound quite decent. They won’t match the sound quality multiple balanced armature drivers some in ear monitors have or big headphones, but they’re pleasant to listen to. 
I’d avoid Bose or Sennheiser sport models, but that’s my personal experience. 

SouthernSteve 17 Oct 2020

I have the Bose Spots ones (with the wire between) I have been happy with these, but it might be worth waiting until they are a sale item as they are quite expensive. They have the twist in locking fit which suits my ears, straight buds just fall out!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01HETFQMQ/ref=dp_iou_view_product?ie=UTF8&...

Guy Maccdox 17 Oct 2020

Apple's Air Pods must be very good - so many people like them - but at the cheaper end of the market I'd be wary how well earbuds stay in, particularly if you expect to be running steep, rough descents.

Wireless is convenient but more expensive obviously but also pretty irritating if they run out of charge whilst you are wearing them.

For what it's worth, I have a pair of Meidong HE8's (about £60):

Positives: Comfortable ear hooks, feel really secure, good noise canceling, good sound quality, simple volume, skip and pause buttons - easy to use whilst running, nice carry case. Back up battery included (but if you are organised enough to carry it you are probably organised enough to manage your charging schedule, see caveat about battery indicator though!) 

Negatives: The small battery (the size of a 2x1 Lego brick) is on the neck cable and snags on my collar when moving my head. No battery indicator, just an audible alert which is very loud and only gives about 15 minutes notice. No fast forward / rewind control which would be handy for audiobooks.

I wear mine for running but also pre-work Covid remote working walks and around the house at times when tidying, washing up etc.

ianstevens 17 Oct 2020

£20 headphones are invariably shit. Especially as you'll need wireless or lightning ones (no 3.5 mm jack on an iPhone of course) and you can't get wireless ones for £20 from any reputable brand, and lighting connector headphones are rare. 

I'd suggest Jabra Elites. I've got a 65t, but I'm sure there is a new one. Siri functionality if you active Siri via the phone (i.e. no "Hey Siri"), last a good while (5 hours out the case, 2/3 charges from it) and are comfy with decent sound for in-ear headphones. Much cheaper than AirPods but with slightly less apple integration. 

raussmf 18 Oct 2020

None i have massive ears thogh.

senheisser hd25’s do the trick tho

I have the Apple ones.  They do fall out sometimes but not often, they sound good and they are less hassle to keep in than some cheap ones I have had.

I've stopped using them now because I got ear wax build up when I was wearing them for an hour a day on my walk.  I don't think that's Apple specific it's just an issue with things that stick in your ear rather than over it.

Dark-Cloud 19 Oct 2020
In reply to ianstevens:

The man asked for recommendations around £20 so you suggest some £120 ones?

The ones I linked to are fine (read the Amazon reviews, which are i admit sometimes biased for several reasons) they are a steal at £25 on offer, and they have hey Siri, unlike your £120 Jabras...

ianstevens 19 Oct 2020
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

From the OP: "Is it worth selling out a substantial sum?"

Me: yes. I've used plenty of cheap headphones in my time and they tend to have the sound quality and longevity of a potato. IMO it's worth buying good headphones.

Post edited at 10:45
Removed User 19 Oct 2020
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

> The man asked for recommendations around £20 so you suggest some £120 ones?

No no!

I was asking whether the expensive ones were worth the money or if you were as well buying cheap ones.

Dark-Cloud 19 Oct 2020

Oh, sorry, I will learn to read posts fully one day before spouting off...

As per my original post I'm using £30 ones and have no issues, i have an expensive pair of noise cancelling wired ones for travel but for running and using on the turbo i'm more than happy with the performance of a £30 pair.

gravy 19 Oct 2020
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

In my experience expensive ones last just as long as cheap one. 

Takes the same amount of time to lose them / tread on them / drop one under the car seat etc etc (or before I went wireless exactly the same amount of time for the car to hunt them and bite the cables into mouse size chunks).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...