3 peaks qualifying

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tingle 02 Nov 2017
On a recent whim I have decided to run the three peaks race for charity and as I’m mainly a road runner I don’t have the qualifying races under my belt. I have planned a few possible races over the next few months that would get me my place but I don’t want to be raising money only to be told I can’t race or they are full. Has anyone had an experience similar to this? (I have emailed registrations directly but I have had no reply so far)
 Rampikino 02 Nov 2017
In reply to tingle:

Is this the Yorkshire 3 Peaks race in April you are referring to?

If so then there are plenty of fell races you can do to get qualification. As long as they are the right category and FRA recognised you will be fine.
 plyometrics 02 Nov 2017
In reply to tingle:

Get the full tour of Pendle booked in. That’ll help your entry requirement and the 3Ps will feel easy after that.

You also need to be quick when 3Ps entries do open, suspect that will be your only limiting factor in securing an entry.

Good luck with your fundraising.
 galpinos 02 Nov 2017
In reply to tingle:

The entry opens in February by which time you'll either have done enough qualifying races (it's only two iirc) or not, in which case you'll know whether you've got a place and whether to start tapping people up for sponsorship?
OP tingle 02 Nov 2017
In reply to galpinos:

Great stuff i assumed it was an entry by email kind of thing. The filling up was my main worry anyway.
 galpinos 02 Nov 2017
In reply to tingle:

It fills up quickly so you need to get your entry in straight away.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...