14hr 17 min Bob Graham

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bouldery bits 03 Jun 2017

Seeing reports on the old social media that this has happened.

Outrageous.

Can anyone beat Billy?
Post edited at 19:12
 FactorXXX 03 Jun 2017
In reply to bouldery bits:

14' 17'' Bob Graham

14 minutes and seventeen seconds is indeed outrageous!
OP bouldery bits 03 Jun 2017
In reply to FactorXXX:
Oh no... You're right. That is what I have written!

Sorry.

Now fixed.
Post edited at 19:12
 FactorXXX 03 Jun 2017

Oh no... You're right. That is what I have written!
Sorry.
Now fixed.

Thought for a moment that Diane Abbott was on stopwatch duty...
 Jim Lancs 03 Jun 2017

There was a second sub 15hr round today as well.
 Roadrunner5 04 Jun 2017
In reply to Jim Lancs:

Who?

I'm not surprised very few top runners have tried it. I think sub 16 would be pretty routine for top fell runners, sub 15 for the elite.

The BGR and the Welsh 3000ers have had very few serious record attempts due to their legendary status.
 davegs 04 Jun 2017

He did it! 14hrs 59 mins Bob Graham Round for Jon Duncan! Wow! Well done to Ryan Smith too on his awesome 14:17 clocking too!

Taken from here https://twitter.com/inov_8/status/871080333537677312
In reply to Roadrunner5:

Wow, I was under the impression no-one had been close to BB for some time, but obviously I was wrong.

If someone can do 14.17 someone else can beat 13.53, surely? What's the second-best time (or is this it?)?

jcm
 ianstevens 04 Jun 2017
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

> Wow, I was under the impression no-one had been close to BB for some time, but obviously I was wrong.If someone can do 14.17 someone else can beat 13.53, surely? What's the second-best time (or is this it?)?jcm

Apparently Killian Jornet is having a go this year. If he can't beat it nobody in this generation can.
 The New NickB 05 Jun 2017

If you look at the attempts, as Iain suggests, not many really top runners were having a go at it. Last year Jasmin Paris knocked nearly 3 hours off the women's record and Rob Jebb ran 14:30, beating Mark Hartell's only person within an hour of Bland record. We have had a faster run again by Ryan Smith and as suggested Kilian Jornet is keen to have a go.
 Roadrunner5 05 Jun 2017

I think possibly. KJ is the obvious one.

But previously I can't actually think of any top top runner who has had a go. I know Ricky did in winter and I thought was talking about a summer round, not sure if he ever did it but I think he's had injury issues the past few years.

Nowadays the calendar is just so busy that I don't think many elites want to take time off for a serious go.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...