UK crags that would be best quarried

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Please post your list of crags that you believe would be vastly improved by a bit of quarrying.

Tigger 01 May 2019
In reply to Ghastly Rubberfeet:

Stanage, can we make it taller?

In reply to Tigger:

> Stanage, can we make it taller?

Funny you should say Stanage as when I started climbing I couldn't stand the place, compared to Froggatt, which I loved. I guess it was the quarrying of Froggatt that made it so. Eventually I learned I was wrong.

Post edited at 14:53
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 01 May 2019

Horseshoe Quarry?

Chris

Tigger 01 May 2019
In reply to DubyaJamesDubya:

Yea I think Froggatt is my preferred crag in some ways, much more to do at Stanage but Froggatt keeps offering something to come back for as you progress through the grades. The kind routes that 'give you the itch / sow the seed' Valkerie and Chequered Buttress, Brightside, Brown's Eliminate, Great Slab etc... all the way to Hiary Heart (gulp).

Tigger 01 May 2019
In reply to Chris Craggs:

No! We've already had enough talk about the bolting, no need for more. Maybe just an acid bath to remove the polish?

Although, it would make for some easy new routing for Garry G.

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 01 May 2019
In reply to Tigger:

> No! We've already had enough talk about the bolting, no need for more. Maybe just an acid bath to remove the polish?

> Although, it would make for some easy new routing for Garry G.

I meant quarry it away completely and use it for roadstone

Chris

Jon Stewart 01 May 2019

Turn the whole of Malham upside down so its climbable.

pasbury 01 May 2019

I’d love to see Fly Wall at Wintours unquarried, there are some old pictures of Wintours and fly wall was the full height of the crag before Woodcroft quarry removed the top half.

In reply to Jon Stewart:

> Turn the whole of Malham upside down so its climbable.

IIRC a lot of it is pretty climable with bat hooks and 3mm threads.

;~))

dh73 02 May 2019

I have often thought that with minor crags / quarries that have indifferent climbs on, it would be fun to take a few sticks of dynamite to them - perhaps once a decade or so - to see what new climbs appear from the rubble.

Bulls Crack 02 May 2019

Horseshoe , except  the main wall, and all of and Harpur Hill....until there's nothing left

aln 02 May 2019

Auchinstarry. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...