Ticks at Bosigran

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ClimbingAlex 01 Jul 2019

Just a friendly reminder to check yourselves, they seemed to be everywhere over the weekend. I pulled one off this morning & two friends pulled them off as well. 

IPPurewater 01 Jul 2019
In reply to ClimbingAlex:

... and between Swanage and Kimmeridge. A friend picked one up there yesterday.

Rigid Raider 01 Jul 2019

They're getting worse everytwhere. I guess it's the lack of really cold winters.

pasbury 01 Jul 2019

This is scary reading from a US perspective:

https://elemental.medium.com/lyme-disease-cases-are-exploding-and-its-only-...

“the Swiss Army knife of disease vectors,” 

Tigger 02 Jul 2019

Yea we spent a week down there and three of us had to remove them (some from rather private areas). A friend recently got swarmed in the Duddon Valley as well.

Mark Bannan 02 Jul 2019

>...I pulled one off this morning & two friends pulled them off as well. 

I presume you mean your mates and you removed them. It must be difficult to "pull off" a tick!

toad 03 Jul 2019

I think i might have asked this before but why can't humans use a Frontline/ fipronil type product?

PaulJepson 03 Jul 2019
In reply to toad:

> I think i might have asked this before but why can't humans use a Frontline/ fipronil type product?

They can - in The US there are several products made by Sawyer that can be washed/sprayed onto clothing. It works really well 'n all. 

I'm surprised they were bad at Bosi - they tend to like overgrown shady places like woodland. Maybe on the approach? They're all over Avon Gorge at the minute as well. I flicked at least 8 off myself while belaying a single pitch on Unknown Buttress the other day. 

Tigger 03 Jul 2019
In reply to PaulJepson:

Yea it was mainly on the approach from the back of the count house, we ended up walking back up to the road and then down the wider track to avoid the bracken.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...