The UKC Meetups

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 richprideaux 06 Jun 2020

The Sutty thread started me thinking (I left my condolences and memorium posts elsewhere)...

When did the UKC meetups stop? Or did they actually carry on and I just ignored/missed them?

Legends made in bunkhouses and campsites (and in the surrounding hedgerows), friendships forged and broken, that time someone got everyone thrown out of the pub for nicking the bell from above the bar.

Would there be a post-COVID interest in their return?

(If, indeed, they ever went away...)

Rob Naylor 06 Jun 2020
In reply to richprideaux:

A group of us have had a Scottish Winter Meet every year since about 2001, firstly in Glencoe, then in Roy Bridge and for the last few years near Aviemore.

A whole week with a variable cast and a number of regulars, mostly ex UKC but with a few who still post. Keeping the spirit going, in a small way. We tend to call it the "ex-UKC Winter Meet". 

Post edited at 18:37
 CarolineMc 06 Jun 2020

It just takes people to organise a gathering and encourage participation.

Sadly the people who organised stuff regularly realised they were the only ones doing the organising, and got a bit fed up with that. When they stopped, no one else bothered.

So crack on, find a venue (a campsite near a decent pub and crag is easiest), and a date, advertise it widely and a meet will be born!

Look forward to it!

C-:

bouldery bits 06 Jun 2020

I'll turn up but will have to cover my face at all times to preserve the legend. 

tehmarks 06 Jun 2020
In reply to bouldery bits:

The best way to preserve your leg ends is surely to not fall off ledgy moderates?

henwardian 06 Jun 2020
In reply to tehmarks:

> The best way to preserve your leg ends is surely to not fall off ledgy moderates?

The door is over there ----->

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...