The dying of the light...give up or fight?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goatee 15 Apr 2019

Returning to Snowdonia and the struggles on rock continue. A decision has to be made...it isn't fair on the other person.

https://howlingmist.blogspot.com/2019/04/a-return-to-snowdonia.html

Post edited at 11:23
 profitofdoom 15 Apr 2019
In reply to goatee:

Nice blog, lots of nice photos, I enjoyed it, thanks

Mike Conlon 15 Apr 2019
In reply to goatee:

Well done Sir, sounds like a proper trip and good to know that you and Craig combined to enjoy AB which in my experience is no push over.

kamala 15 Apr 2019
In reply to goatee:

I would say, as long as you're quite frank about your limitations so that the other person has a fair idea of what you can manage, let them decide for themselves what they feel. You never know, you might give someone a boost by being the only person they know who climbs less well than they...or they might want to build up a variety of experience...or they might just want a chilled day out on the crag and not care how much climbing they get done...

Don't give yourself such a kicking for every failure - enjoy the moves you can make, learn from the ones you didn't make this time, imagine how you might make the moves next time.

And no decision not to climb needs to be final, why should it be?

(I might be slightly biased, I've been in a state where I could barely walk - friends who would come out with me regardless made a huge difference to my mood and faith in humanity.)

doz 16 Apr 2019
In reply to goatee:

Fight Stephen...fight

Thrudge 16 Apr 2019
In reply to goatee:

I once did AB with a bad back and was in pretty serious pain for most of the way - to the point where I was getting spaced out on pain and had to warn my partners that I was now unreliable and they couldn't trust my judgement.  It was unpleasant all the way up and the walk-off from the top was a only a slightly lesser ordeal.  It's still a great memory though, perverse as that sounds, not least because of the way my mates looked after me 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...