T Rex

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nuts and bolts 21 May 2019

Anyone know if T- Rex has been re-climbed since the rockfall?

Not that I expect to be able to lead it but may find a sucker that I can follow up if reclimbed at same grade.

Sharp 21 May 2019
In reply to nuts and bolts:

Just be careful not to rip off anything else, no one wants another monolith coming down

In reply to Sharp:

I haven't been to the bottom of the zawn to have a good look at it , only looked down from the promontory. Still a big hanging chunk of rock forming the upper part of the chimney crack but difficult to tell how stable or not. Suspect if it is going to go would need a big storm rather than climbers intervention.

Anyone ab-ed down it to have a look?

Sharp 22 May 2019

I guess my T-Rex puns fell flat

MischaHY 22 May 2019

> Anyone ab-ed down it to have a look?

You seem keen. Get out there and have a look! 

In reply to Sharp:

Sorry, missed that, my sense of humour must have taken a day off. 

In reply to MischaHY:

Think I will try to ab it next time I'm there. Suspect there are a few very large loose blocks still under the new roof.

Misha 22 May 2019

The thing about T Rex is it was that offwidth grovel followed by the layback that made up the meat of the route for you to get your teeth stuck into. These sections have been wiped out - you’d think it was an asteroid strike. May be you’ll find that another way has evolved from the debris but who knows. The second and third pitches should still be fine though and you don’t need particularly big arms for them. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...