Should I increase rest times for my hangboard rep

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
MatthewAiden 13 Dec 2019

Yet another hangboard question! I finally got a beastmaker 1000 and I’ve been doing some of the easier beastmaker app protocols (though they’re pretty intense and long). Right now, if I strictly follow the app protocol, I can’t finish the entire workout. My question is, should I stop the session as soon as I start to fail, and keep progressing weekly/monthly until I can finish it as prescribed? Or should I just increase rest times in between sets for now so I can complete the entire protocol, and then slowly shorten the rest times as I progress? If I do longer rests, I can definitely finish the whole work out, but I’m not sure if this approach would be as effective since I’m recovering much longer. (Been climbing for a little over a year, can do most V6-5.12 indoors, bit less outdoors). Any advice is greatly appreciated!

jezb1 13 Dec 2019
In reply to MatthewAiden:

Personally I’d keep timings the same but use bigger holds when necessary.

probablylost 13 Dec 2019

Don't stress the details too much, consistently doing something is more important than the minutiae of what you do.

That said, in the same situation I'd take a bit of weight off with a pulley.

GDes 13 Dec 2019

I'd increase rest times and keep the high intensity. Are you doing repeaters? There's a lot to be said for just doing straightforward hangs of 8 seconds or so with a couple minutes of rest between. Repeaters are good, but very intense, and if you're new to it, maybe ease yourself in with some normal hangs first 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...