Short Friendly Climbs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Behold81 23 Apr 2019

Hi

I am looking for a couple of options in south wales preferably for 7b and up climbs. I am looking for my first outdoors 7b (climbed a fair few indoors now) and also a project 7c> to keep coming back to. 

My issue often with many climbs is when short the crux is suddenly a grade or two higher feeling and actually if I had a bit more reach the move would be well in my possibility. Not saying I can't do them just not yet!

So looking for recommendations please.

Thanks

GridNorth 23 Apr 2019
In reply to Behold81:

If you can't reach the holds you have to climb up to them

Al

HannahC 23 Apr 2019
In reply to Behold81:

What lines have you seen/done that inspire you? What are your strength/weaknesses?

To break into a new grade something that works to your strengths is often a good option. Although don't forget to keep working those weaknesses elsewhere

If you're going to find a project and keep returning then being inspired by the route (the moves and the location) and it being more than just a number would be necessary for me! But then I'm a trad climber so I probably just don't really get it...

Generally the only person who gives me any sympathy for being short is my other half (because he has to) or someone of equal stature trying to find alternative beta.

Anoetic 23 Apr 2019

Wait a week or 2 for conditions and pay a visit to witches point....start with staple diet and work up the grades....

gejones 24 Apr 2019
In reply to Behold81:

Have a look at my logbook, I've climbed a few South Wales 7b/7c classics, I don't recall any that I've done feeling particularly hard for the short (I'm 5'3).  Although some do require different beta. 

bouldery bits 24 Apr 2019
In reply to Behold81:

I find I can wear shorts on most climbs, weather permitting ofcourse.

andyman666999 25 Apr 2019
In reply to Behold81:

Pioneers of the hypnotic groove. Very overhung without ever really being desperate. Really good. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...