Route to right of dolphinian

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi I was at Almscliffe today and tried to do dolphinian but went very off route due to poor reading skills, I climbed up the right of the arête after placing some gear in the ledge break then ran it out to the top. Does this route have a name or is it just not worth a mention in the guide

Will Hunt 20 Mar 2020
In reply to Ciaranunderscoretolan:

That's Three Chockstones Chimney (M) with a bad sequence.

Mick Ward 21 Mar 2020
In reply to Will Hunt:

That's made my day! Thanks.

Mick

Mick Ward 21 Mar 2020
In reply to Will Hunt:

Though to be fair to the OP... didn't you get lost in (out of?) the corner of Great Western once?

Happens to us all.

Mick

In reply to Will Hunt:

Hahahaha what a daft tw*t I am, hardest moderate I’ve lead to date

Mick Ward 23 Mar 2020
In reply to Ciaranunderscoretolan:

Don't feel too bad about it. When I were a lad, I failed on a Hard Diff and yes, I took some ribbing for it. Decades passed, the world changed and aforesaid route mysteriously became Hard Severe. And then, about a decade ago, three other dudes also failed on it. One climbed E5, one E7 and one E9. They got toproped off it (yup!) and found the whole business hilarious.

Which puts your antics (and mine) in perspective. Funny old game, climbing.

Mick

Rick Graham 23 Mar 2020
In reply to Mick Ward:

Sounds like a must do route.

Where is it?

(One to put on the list when we can all get out again)

Mick Ward 23 Mar 2020
In reply to Rick Graham:

The Sheugh, Buzzard's Roost - horrible, usually sopping cleft left of Divided Years. A sheugh is an Irish term for a ditch full of dirty water. (Can't say we weren't all warned!)

Buzzard's Roost is a very atmospheric crag indeed. I used to go up in the mid-1970s, gaze longingly at (what would become) Divided Years and wonder whether it would ever be climbed. An amazing line. Must be a fantastic experience to do it.

Mick

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...