Quadrocks new access path.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 fmck 06 Jun 2021

Visited Quadrocks, North Ayrshire today. The Hàlkshill estate project has installed a new footpath to the crags. There are steps round the side of the main crag leading to the high crag. The path then ascends to the phone mast (picnic bench to be installed soon) before dropping down the other side to loop back. Not sure if it's any quicker than the lung buster from the sports centre. It does dispel the fear of being shot though. That's always a plus!

drconline 06 Jun 2021
In reply to fmck:

Thanks for this.

Where does the estate path start from?

OP fmck 06 Jun 2021
In reply to drconline:

It starts at the entrance to the estate. Follow the road up by the old school that's now  a housing scheme.  Theres signs on the gate.

oscaig 06 Jun 2021
In reply to fmck:

Have just seen your picture and that's some path they've laid up the hillside - must be really visible cutting across the hillside from the town?  My favourite local spot for a quiet few hours cragging or easy solos but looks like it's going to get a lot busier now   

Ian 

drconline 07 Jun 2021
In reply to fmck:

Sorry to be dim but do you mean the path to Greeto Bridge?

Does the Quadrocks path branch off that to the north?

Thanks

Dave

elsewhere 07 Jun 2021
In reply to oscaig:

It is very visible from Largs.

OP fmck 07 Jun 2021
In reply to drconline:

Yes that's correct. It goes over the back from the Quadrocks and rejoins the same track and back down the Gogo glen track to loop round.

OP fmck 07 Jun 2021
In reply to elsewhere:

Yes I have to say although it certainly encourages a lot more people visit. It still felt it was quite a big price to pay. It's also going to be a massive change to the area. I wasn't happy about but the introduction of natural woodland and broad leaf areas I liked.

StevenF 07 Jun 2021

I noticed that today when I was up - it appeared from nowhere! It wasn't there a few weeks ago when I was last there and lost my rope protector! The colour does make the path a bit of an eyesore. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...