Peter Dale beta (wormhill/tideswell).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 marktrik 12 Jul 2020

Peter dale  Peter Dale

Anyone climbed there ? I'm thinking about giving it a try and would like to know something about.

I've looked on ukc and can find very little info about access and the crag itself. 

So any information from someone that's visited or climbed there would be very helpful. 

In reply to marktrik:

Climbed there in the 90s during it’s development. Some lovely little routes but not sure what state it or the bolts will be in now. It’s a venue that sadly fell off the radar. A shame as a nice tranquil setting. Maybe I should repay it a visit one day so let me know how you get on.

Post edited at 19:32
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 12 Jul 2020
In reply to marktrik:

A very minor venue that could have neck high nettles and/or a lot of cow plop. Personally I would go elsewhere,

Chris

In reply to Chris Craggs:

A handful of nice climbs though but I agree with the nettles at this time of the year and probably well overgrown now. Be interesting to see what it’s like and yes, going elsewhere would be a better option unless you want to put some effort in.

In reply to Chris Craggs:

Btw never had problems with cow plop

webbo 12 Jul 2020
In reply to marktrik:

I too went a couple of times not long after the routes were done. The hangers on the bolts kept getting nicked by cavers, so they may be none left by now.

In reply to marktrik:

I did some seconds ascents with Big Sid in the early 90’s but haven’t been back since. Think the rock and routes were OK but it was a long time ago.

OP marktrik 12 Jul 2020
In reply to David Simmonite:

Thanks for the info, I might give it a go one evening. Well at least take a look, I will let you know what I find. 

kristian Global Crag Moderator 12 Jul 2020
In reply to marktrik:

The BMC put all the shitty esoteric crags on a pdf to save space.

Find the download on this page.

https://www.thebmc.co.uk/peak-limestone-nort--web-support

OP marktrik 12 Jul 2020
In reply to kristian:

Hey, thanks for that I will take a look. 

Maybe when it's a wet one and a none climb day I might take a look.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...