Parking for Gardoms?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 afx22 17 Jan 2020

Parking for Gardom's Edge?

Hi All, does anyone know if parking is still available at the side of Clodhall Lane, near the cross roads with the A621?

I think I read somewhere that the parking spot (that I last used a couple of years ago) was to be removed.

Thanks in advance.

mrphilipoldham 17 Jan 2020
In reply to afx22:

It was still there a few months back, quite a wide lay-by with enough room for 4 or 5 cars perhaps?

Simon Caldwell 17 Jan 2020
In reply to afx22:

Yes still there. When it fills up people squeeze onto the grass verge further up, no idea if it's legal or not.

OP afx22 17 Jan 2020
In reply to afx22:

Thanks gents.  Much appreciated.

Droyd 17 Jan 2020
In reply to afx22:

It's possibly worth saying that if it's totally rammed at the north end parking, on busy days the National Trust often open the field opposite the Robin Hood Inn as overflow parking, and don't seem to charge. It's a long walk from there to the Gardom's North boulders though, admittedly.

cragtyke 17 Jan 2020
In reply to Droyd:

Does it belong to the NT, I thought there was a thread last year saying it had been closed as it belonged to Marston's? Either way it'll probably be full early with the hordes heading to Birchens.

spenser 17 Jan 2020
In reply to Droyd:

That land is actually owned by Marston's Brewery (as is the Robin Hood). Due to concerns about travellers turning up and wrecking the place they now lock the gate for this field according to a friend who worked for Marston's at the time.

Offwidth 19 Jan 2020
In reply to cragtyke:

These days it's hillwalkers taking more than half the spaces, it's not all early rising climbers (and nothing wrong with that). I've seen the NT car park full when no one was climbing up there.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...