Packam vs Climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Simon Caldwell 28 Jan 2020
In reply to Amroly-Poly:

I think you mean Packham vs Inappropriately sited building

Pekkie 28 Jan 2020
In reply to Amroly-Poly:

Bit of a storm in a disposable cup?

TMM 28 Jan 2020
In reply to Amroly-Poly:

Assuming you are auditioning for a job with the Mail given the click bait headline?

The Pylon King 28 Jan 2020
In reply to Amroly-Poly:

Chris Packham (and any other original punk) cant do wrong as far as I am concerned.

Misha 30 Jan 2020
In reply to Amroly-Poly:

Can't comment on the proposal from an environmental point of view as not familiar with the site but what on earth is the logic for siting an Olympic climbing venue in Peterborough (the epicentre of the UK climbing scene as we all know)?

mondite 30 Jan 2020
In reply to Misha:

> Can't comment on the proposal from an environmental point of view as not familiar with the site but what on earth is the logic for siting an Olympic climbing venue in Peterborough (the epicentre of the UK climbing scene as we all know)?

I think all that is meant by the use of "olympic" is matches the criteria used for the olympics as opposed to being a serious training venue for olympic climbers. Just PR words.

Seems an odd location for a wall though. Whilst suspect there will be enough climbers in the area to make one worthwhile (a quick look shows the other wall looks a bit tired) it doesnt seem that well located for visitors.

Its also ugly as hell.

ring ouzel 30 Jan 2020
In reply to Amroly-Poly:

I used to live in Ferry Meadows CP. Chris Packham isn't wrong. Its a great area for wildlife, rough-legged buzzard being my best find there. Lots of people use the area recreationally too.

peppermill 30 Jan 2020
In reply to Amroly-Poly:

Well going by the plan, it is effing hideous. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...