Overseas sports climbing for 1-2 months, December to January

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BruceGrieve 04 Jan 2022

Would anyone have suggestions for good sports climbing areas for this winter, where it would also be possible to home-work via the internet?

Having climbed over winter before in Greece, Thailand, New Zealand and (to avoid lockdown) the Canary Islands over winter in the past few years, I would be very interested in other areas where members have found friendly climbing communities. Ideally for a couple of months over the Christmas and New Year period, assuming we can travel more normally later this year.

Any ideas on areas, and possible overseas contacts?

Thanks in advance

Bruce 

tjekel 10 Jan 2022
In reply to BruceGrieve:

just returned from San Vito lo Capo, should tick most of the boxes. 

Nutsmuggler 10 Jan 2022
In reply to BruceGrieve:

Kalymnos perhaps?

earlsdonwhu 10 Jan 2022
In reply to tjekel:

I've enjoyed a couple of visits but personally wouldn't want to climb to there for a couple of months. 

AlanLittle 10 Jan 2022
In reply to Nutsmuggler:

> Kalymnos perhaps?

Weather in the depths of winter is supposed to be a lot less stable than mainland Greece. Peak season is October, versus November-December for Leonidio. Although that may be due to travel logistics - fewer flights & ferries - as well as actual conditions on the island.

AJM 10 Jan 2022
In reply to AlanLittle:

I've been told it's better in November, just the flights are faffy. When we've been leaving end October previously the accents have generally been becoming more American as the Brits, Germans etc depart, since they don't have direct flights anyway!

Andy Chubb 10 Jan 2022
In reply to BruceGrieve:

Maybe Potrero Chico near Monterrey in Mexico. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...