North Spain Climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RichyBOYY 24 Sep 2019

After some advice...

Heading out climbing around Siurana. Any recommendations for best single pitch crags, 6b/6c/7a?

Then we are moving on to Riglos for multi's - are there any decent single pitch crags in the Riglos area?

Thanks UKC!   

Stroppy 25 Sep 2019
In reply to RichyBOYY:

These two routes stand out in my memory from two trips to Siurana a couple of years ago:

Cenar, beber, emborracharse, vomitar, dolor de cabeza (6c)

Remena nena (7a)

To be honest though, there's loads of amazing routes to get stuck into at the majority of crags especially around the 7a mark. The crags in Siurana are quite close together and easy to get to so you can visit lots of them if you want.

Post edited at 12:44
 jezb1 25 Sep 2019
In reply to RichyBOYY:

Worthing nipping over to Montsant too if you want some ace climbing away from the crowds.

In reply to RichyBOYY:

I would go to Montral for 6b to 7a routes (Clipso wall is excellent, avoiding the 6a+ on the left). No crowds and excellent rock.

Margalef is great (I live here) and there has been a lot of new development lately but the grades below 7a are usually quite stiff, the climbing is excellent if you like pockets, can get a bit crowded on the popular crags.

Near Riglos you will find Escalete (limestone), I seem to remember it quite hard there. In Riglos you also find very good single pitch.

Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...