No!! Green school chalk all over Hidden Wall Ring Road Boulder!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ericinbristol 12 Sep 2022

Yesterday I went to Hidden Wall near the Ring Road Boulder and I discovered about 20 tick marks with pale green school chalk on the f5 3 metre traverse Low Rider https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/hambrook-8724/low_rider-667278. Fortunately, I managed to get rid of almost all of it though there is still some residue. 

Please spread the word that this is not okay!

This is only two weeks after the truly hideous use of orange spray paint to mark many holds at The Cave 

https://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/rock_talk/no_spray_painted__orange_spots_...

Post edited at 08:53
In reply to ericinbristol:

Following on from my Cuttings post a few weeks ago. I'm in favour of a load of BMC funded educational posters in walls.

TobyA 12 Sep 2022

Just a minor point of order - I don't think any school's have chalk for people to nick and go and use ticking holds on boulders these days.

Indeed I had to chalk some marks out on the school yard for an A level sociology lesson activity - and remembered that I had a big lump of chalk that I had stolen from my then 4 year old this time last year, when I last taught this lesson.

So the phantom Bristolian hold ticker is unlikely to be a teacher or a school child! Hope they are taught the error of their ways all the same though.

In reply to TobyA:

'School chalk' is probably a sensible means to distinguish powdered chalk from sticks of chalk. Which you can buy in most pound shops...

TobyA 12 Sep 2022

Apologies - predictive text on a phone not being very helpful as so often!

I don't want to drag an important thread off the point entirely, but I wonder if there are state schools that still use blackboards and chalk? I've personally not seen it, but maybe somewhere. 

Only the maths teachers in my school get fancy interactive boards, I have a white board and an ever disappearing collection of squeaky black pens to write on it! 😀

OP ericinbristol 12 Sep 2022
In reply to TobyA:

I wish I hadn't been drawn in to the side track. Please don't go off-topic on this. What is happening on my local crags is depressing.

The Pylon King 12 Sep 2022

> I wish I hadn't been drawn in to the side track. Please don't go off-topic on this. What is happening on my local crags is depressing.

Agreed.

BTW I intend to go down and try to remove the orange spots at the cave. Unless you have already done that?

OP ericinbristol 12 Sep 2022
In reply to The Pylon King:

I haven't done that. If you are happy to do it, that would be great. Otherwise I will soon.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...