New(ish) Routes Sources

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Frankie boy 07 Apr 2020

Hi all,

In these quiet times I have taken to filling in all my old guides with routes that have been done since publication. 

Some guides are pretty good but even some of the current guides have loads of gaps where routes have been done since.

Thus, my question is: Other than UKC, what other good sources are there to find the new routes done? 

Cheers

Frank

Michael Gordon 07 Apr 2020
In reply to Frankie boy:

What areas do you climb?

In reply to Frankie boy:

The FRCC publish details of new routes in the Lakes that have been recorded on their website. In 2018 details were compiled into a booklet that updates most of the current series of guidebooks. Not Duddon (guide in advanced state of preparation) or Bram Crag Quarry (covered by their app).

The booklet is available as a free download from the publications area of the FRCC website.

DaveHK 07 Apr 2020
In reply to Frankie boy:

In Scotland Google SMC new routes and the route name or year of ascent to find the SMC journal new routes section.

Andy Clarke 07 Apr 2020
In reply to Frankie boy:

For Wales and the South West checkout the New Routes archive on the Climbers Club website.

In reply to Frankie boy:

S.wales,gower,camarthen etc are covered by a free online wiki which is more or less bang up to date.I'm sure someone will post up one of them linky things if you need it.

OP Frankie boy 07 Apr 2020
In reply to Michael Gordon:

Most places in the UK,  but mainly north Yorkshire (local), then trips elsewhere for longer spells. 

Done the peaks to death, and now go anywhere but there, except for the  thertrad limestone.

In reply to Trevor Langhorne:

Thanks, I'll have a look for that. Been waiting for what must be years for the duddon and also coppemines guide to come out. Maybe with this lockdown, the writers may have more time to work on it.

Or knowing my luck, by then it will just come out on another chuffing app and no paper version

In reply to Andy Clarke:

Have done thanks. Also I think they're was some pretty good stuff on the swmc website. 

In reply to DaveHK:

Thanks. I've not done to much in Scotland so there's still plenty of stuff to go at the but it's always good to know what else the is

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...