New blog post about Curbar and Burbage North trip

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Good morning. 

Yesterday I wrote up my trip to Curbar and Burbage North in my blog. 

https://savclimbz.wordpress.com/2019/07/08/depot-climbing-sheffield-with-ji...

What do you think of my latest offering?

Sav

jezb1 09 Jul 2019
In reply to Mountain Spirit:

Nice read.

Sponsored by Petzl though?

In reply to jezb1:

Thanks. 

Ian Dunn hinted that I was sponsored by Petzl during a late afternoon climbing trip to Castleberg Crag after he had finished Physical Training 1 Works shop. He said if I loose my helmet I should ask for a new one from my sponsor a d he was happy that I climbed at Lakeland Climbing Centre Walls....

I was at Kendal Wall to train the day before the Coaching Children workshop. 

Sav

Fatclimber 09 Jul 2019

Hi Sav, it's great what you are doing, but I would love your blogs to be less climbing infomercial and much more about you. That is what will make them unique. 

But keep up the good work.

Steve 

Postmanpat 09 Jul 2019

Good to see you getting out. Sounds like you need to get some jamming practice in to make the most of the grit!

In reply to Postmanpat:

Thanks.  

I am rely enjoying getting out - the whole thing including staying in accommodation, travelling and the climbing itself. 

I agree with you 100% on the jamming practice. 

Funnily enough Kendal Wall does have some handjamning features on one of top-roping walls in the main hall and I did get to practice a bit during both the BMC Fundas and Coaching Children workshop  - apparently there is French 6c+ crack route in the main lead climbing area.

Sav

Post edited at 12:43
In reply to Fatclimber:

Hi Steve. 

Thanks for your feedback. 

I was going to put some Neil Gresham Climbing Masterclass videos in my post about BMC Fundas and  Malham Cove trip but after reading your post I am not sure now.

Sav

Post edited at 12:36
 Fatclimber 09 Jul 2019

Give the public what they want, I am but one opinion. But if I want info on Neil Gresham I can already find it. You are the only source of information about Mountain Spirit. 

In reply to Fatclimber:

Cool as baenz. Was going to use the videos to demonstrate techniques we practiced. Also staff from Robbie Phillips How to be a better climber UKC series to tell people about the games we played. 

Andy Hardy 09 Jul 2019

What would be basically beyond awesome is a video starring you climbing outside (maybe practising some of those funky jams?)

In reply to Andy Hardy:

Watch this space.....

More outdoor trips are on their way. 

Sav

JLS 09 Jul 2019

Good stuff Sav. Onwards and upwards.

In reply to JLS:

Thanks. 

More on the way - the next one will have something unexpected!

Sav

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...