Lorry Park Quarry conditions this weekend?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rpg 27 Jan 2023

Lorry Park Quarry conditions this weekend: likely to be any good?

Gary Gibson's website says: "In the winter months it suffers a large amount of seepage but once dry provides it tends to stay dry. After heavy rain many routes get wet but this surface water can dry quickly." But it has been quite dry recently

Also - is it actually going to be turned into houses soon?

Post edited at 11:54
 deacondeacon 27 Jan 2023
In reply to rpg:

I think it may be too late. Building work is well underway. I'd have a back up plan.

OP rpg 27 Jan 2023
In reply to deacondeacon:

Oh no! Reckon it would still be possible to sneak round on a weekend? Or are they alterting/reinforcing the rock face?

mark20 27 Jan 2023
In reply to rpg:

Last time I had a look, Mid-November, the contractors had started landscaping the base of the quarry. A good few metres away from the crag. The plans didn't show any work on the rockface.

I don't know how it's progressing or if they work weekends, but even if they did, you might get away with it. Access round the back of the council offices and garage. 

I doubt there will be much dry rock though. The crack lines tend to seep

mark20 12 Feb 2023

Update from yesterday - (photo on the Peak sport climbing facebook group)

Landscaping well under way. Looks like the area for houses is well away from the crag, I’d say 50m+. With the access road between crag and area for houses. Good news. No disturbance to the crag or crag base so far.

Traveller camp set up were the garage used to be behind the council building. Best access would currently be from the main road past the diggers (when they’re not working obviously). Doesn’t look like they work weekends

Crag is varying degrees of dampness. Seems like it rained a bit last night. run off and seepage at Ground Zero / Supercrack area. Seepage patch on Dark Energy, but everything further right just a bit damp and would probably dry off in a bit of sunshine and wind.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...