Kalymnos ferries

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pakman 07 Dec 2019

Does anyone know when the Kalymnos ferry Summer timetable 2020 begins please?  I am looking at April 18th. and flights arriving at Kos at about 21:00hrs., too late for the current winter ferry times.  I have emailed both the ferry company and the Kalymnos Tourist office but no reply.

Murd 07 Dec 2019
In reply to pakman:

No idea when the new timetable will come out but was  there last year at a similar time and date, and had no problem catching the last ferry when arriving at the port around 9.30-9.45 pm. They tend to wait for the last plane .

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 07 Dec 2019
In reply to pakman:

The timetables tend to come out a day or two before the period they cover - which isn’t very helpful with planning 

Chris

OP pakman 08 Dec 2019
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Thanks Chris.  Worth booking up anyway I think

OP pakman 08 Dec 2019
In reply to Murd:

Thanks Murd.  I had the same experience some years ago but just wondered if anyone had any more info.

lionel 08 Dec 2019
In reply to pakman:

They always wait for the last plane - even though this isn't always clear from the published timetable. If because of delays, you did miss the last ferry (unlikely), just ask in any of the Mastichari bars and they will fix you up for the night; and the next morning's ferry will be early enough to get a full day's climbing.

OP pakman 08 Dec 2019
In reply to lionel:

Thanks Lionel

John Ww 08 Dec 2019
In reply to lionel:

If because of delays, you did miss the last ferry (unlikely), just ask in any of the Mastichari bars and they will fix you up for the night

Seconded - and the bars and accommodation in Mastrichari are absolutely spot on

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...