I can’t see videos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 webbo 31 Dec 2019

I can no longer see any videos on here, is this because I have an ad blocker on my iPad.

deepsoup 31 Dec 2019
In reply to webbo:

> .. is this because I have an fad blooker on my iPad.

Seems unlikely, but you should really 'whitelist' this site anyway.  The ads aren't at all intrusive or annoying (usually) and that's what pays the bills.

I know you didn't say "fad blooker" btw - ironically I had to edit that because the forum wouldn't allow me to post otherwise because it's generally verboten around here to even mention fad blook.  I'm not sure how you managed it.

Post edited at 20:59
OP webbo 31 Dec 2019
In reply to webbo:

I’m too sure what you mean by fad blocker unless it’s something to do with face.

I have the fad blocker because on another forum I use on a regular basis there is a video that appears in the bottom corner and even if you delete it, it reappears every time you click on a thread.

I now see what you are getting as when I tried to post with the original wording I got blocked.

Post edited at 21:06
 deepsoup 31 Dec 2019
In reply to webbo:

I use it too on a lot of sites, but have it disabled on here and a couple of other sites that rely on fairly discreet and non-annoying ads for their income.  It's quite easy to set up to selectively exempt certain sites.

It's unlikely that's the cause of your problem anyway probably, but if you want good computer related advice you're better off posting during office hours when there are loads of IT types on here skiving off work.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...