Holmfirth Cliff/Edge - Climbers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Daimon - Rockfax Global Crag Moderator 07 Sep 2021

Took a trip to Holmfirth (Cliff/Edge) last week to find a rather overgrown venue in places. Does any one know of any one who helps look after the place and helps maintain the crag? Holmfirth edge is home to many excellent problems, but needs some TLC for sure.   

C Witter 07 Sep 2021
In reply to Daimon - Rockfax:

Traditionally... doesn't everyone put a bit in? Moving near there, soon: looking forward to exploring, possibly with a pair of secateurs and a brush.

Removed User 07 Sep 2021

Not that bad is it? All the main problems are clear so far as I can see. The lefthand side is not generally climbed on.

Post edited at 21:05
 mrphilipoldham 07 Sep 2021

If it’s anything like my garden then it’ll need continuous effort from everyone, rather than a once a year spruce up. Stuff grows fast during summer. 

OP Daimon - Rockfax Global Crag Moderator 08 Sep 2021
In reply to Removed User:

It was pretty bad, to be honest. The tops of the crag are getting overgrown and lots of areas were inaccessible. I heard in the past that the crag was strimmed, perhaps by the council. Are there any volunteer groups? I did all the routes on the left-hand side back in the late 90s and some are not bad. Opening up the super long Transatlantic traverse would be well worth it. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...