Great Bow Combination Cloggy. Poop.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nawface 20 Jul 2021

Somebody did a poo right at the bottom of Great-Bow Combination and covered it with grass.  

Grass hides it well but didn't stop it going all over my shoe.

Why poo there?  Right on the path under a route.  is it not obvious that is a bad idea?  

If it was you I think you should go all the way back up there and sort your s**t out.

Lankyman 20 Jul 2021
In reply to nawface:

Not a Great Bow-el Combination then?

OP nawface 20 Jul 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

I was trying to think of a pun like that all day. 

In reply to Lankyman:

More like a Great Bow Contamination.

Sandstonier 21 Jul 2021
In reply to nawface:

Someone did the same think a few weeks ago at the bottom of the polished ramp of Milestone's Superdirect. In public view if the road  as well. No excuses for this kind of defecation desecration.

In reply to Sandstonier:

There was a turd in Lockwood's Chimney, at the start of the chimney, when we did that a few years back. Maybe someone's on an elaborate mission to prove they've done all the welsh classics.

OP nawface 21 Jul 2021
In reply to Sandstonier:

Apparently there is also currently poo on Dinas Mot, on the route Diagonal.

I don't get it.  It's like people leaving tents and rubbish about the place.  It's obviously not OK.

C Witter 21 Jul 2021
In reply to nawface:

I can only hope it was a non-climber, because if it was a climber... well... there's no hope for us.

Post edited at 09:11
In reply to nawface:

> Apparently there is also currently poo on Dinas Mot, on the route Diagonal.

> I don't get it.  It's like people leaving tents and rubbish about the place.  It's obviously not OK.

On the route? You mean actually on the climb not under it?

Michael Hood 21 Jul 2021
In reply to DubyaJamesDubya:

If actually on the route of Diagonal, then unless it's on the big ledges below the final crack I have mixed feelings. Disgusted but somehow impressed.

Chris_Mellor 21 Jul 2021
In reply to nawface:

The climbing authorites and suppliers are ahead of the game here. The BMC already has a crag toileting working group. DMM is developing a single person portaloo, the crap-a-biner, with optional modesty screen, and bagged output. The Snowdonia National Park authority is planning to place poo waste stations at the base of popular crags, with signage in Welsh - "Rhowch baw personol yn y bin" - to encourage responsible disposal.

In reply to nawface:

> Apparently there is also currently poo on Dinas Mot, on the route Diagonal.

> I don't get it.  It's like people leaving tents and rubbish about the place.  It's obviously not OK.

Hold on.... Diagonal, Great-Bow..... Someone go check under Cenotaph Corner and Big Groove. We might have a puerile shitter.

Sandstonier 21 Jul 2021
In reply to nawface:

A month ago a large family  set up their picnic in the middle of the stream adjacent to the Grochan car park. From the crag we could see them getting up from their picnic table and relieving themselves in full view of the road. Coming down from the crag my climbing partner challenged one of them and their reply was an invite to watch him defecating. Guess that's the price we now pay for living in a libertarian society which adheres to no rules of common decency.

Sean Kelly 21 Jul 2021
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

Perhaps they want to bag all of Extreme Rock but not bag it so to speak!

Michael Hood 22 Jul 2021
In reply to Sean Kelly:

Hard Pooh Rock

Lankyman 22 Jul 2021
In reply to Sean Kelly:

> Perhaps they want to bag all of Extreme Rock but not bag it so to speak!

This does give a whole new meaning to thrutching on a route.

PaulJepson 22 Jul 2021
In reply to Michael Hood:

Excreme Rock.

xbraddersx 22 Jul 2021
In reply to nawface:

It must be recent then because I did the route on Sunday and didn’t see any. I’m also confused, the belay stances aren’t massive aside from the last one..

In reply to PaulJepson:

> Excreme Rock.

If you are putting the Great Bowel Combination in there, you certainly should include the even more classic Shite Slab.

Post edited at 13:08
In reply to John Stainforth:

They're both in the wrong book. Are you thinking of A Midsummer Shite's Dream and Indian Faeces?

In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

Next you will be suggesting Black Cleft!

gethin_allen 22 Jul 2021
In reply to nawface:

Some people have no shame. I was sat eating my dinner half way up a busy north face of Tryfan when below us a bloke no more than 15 feet from loads of people whipped his kecks down and crimped on off between two smallish blocks. He also left a load of wetwipes on top too to guarantee that there's never any chance of the offending item degrading.

Chris_Mellor 22 Jul 2021
In reply to xbraddersx:

The climbers were clearly sh*tting themselves.

In reply to John Stainforth:

Um..... Little Krapper (E3 5c)

Sean Kelly 22 Jul 2021
In reply to PaulJepson:

> Excreme Rock.

Excreta Rock? Routes you can't pass, or perhaps you can!

crayefish 23 Jul 2021
In reply to nawface:

Perhaps we need a 'Poo-Watch' thread to record all the poos at the base of climbs.  It can be made a 'sticky'

Plasynant 23 Jul 2021
In reply to Sandstonier:

It’s very common for people to pee and crap in our car park , Vaynol Arms , Nant Peris. In broad daylight the mountain rescue wall seems to be a the preferred spot . ! 

Sandstonier 23 Jul 2021
In reply to Plasynant:

Maybe you could invest in a high pressure hose and turni it on them if you catch them at it. I'm sure at one time though Nant Peris had irs own public conveniences. Now they just drop their pants anywhere. All part of the British way of life 

Plasynant 23 Jul 2021
In reply to Sandstonier:

Funny you should say that , I was thinking along the high pressure hose line ! 

Sean Kelly 23 Jul 2021
In reply to Plasynant:

> Funny you should say that , I was thinking along the high pressure hose line ! 

My thoughts as well. That type of hose will certainly deal with the shit, and clean up the poo as well! 

Isn't there toilet block in the car park nearby?

wercat 24 Jul 2021
In reply to PaulJepson:

The North Faece

> Excreme Rock.

Plasynant 24 Jul 2021
In reply to Sean Kelly:

There is a Toilet block in the park and ride , right at the back of the pub .

planetmarshall 24 Jul 2021
In reply to nawface:

It's important to be unclogged before climbing at Cloggy.

Garethza 24 Jul 2021
In reply to Michael Hood:

Impact(ed) Rock?

Babika 24 Jul 2021
In reply to Sandstonier:

I'm sure at one time though Nant Peris had irs own public conveniences. Now they just drop their pants anywhere. All part of the British way of life;

Part of the problem was that for the best part of a year all the public loos were shut for "covid". So the outdoor British public kind of got used to it. 

The poo I can live with, it's the paper and the wipes that really gets my goat. Found a ton of it high on the Carneddau a couple of days ago. Pack it out please!

Post edited at 22:14
In reply to Babika:

Why should we live with the poo? Dog owners are expected to pick up after their dogs.

Sandstonier 25 Jul 2021
In reply to Babika:

Its not just the the crap. It's this weird kind of exhibitionism that goes with it. Neither or the people I climb with want to see people relieving themselves in full public view be that  on the crag or anywhere else. People should regain a bit of discretion. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...