Fall on Andrew at Bosigran

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jeremy Wilton 23 Apr 2019

BosigranAndrew (S 4a)

Hope whoever fell here on Thursday is OK...

PaulJepson 23 Apr 2019
In reply to Jeremy Wilton:

#outonashout No. 13 - 18-04-2019

We were tasked today Thursday the 18th April at 1336 by Falmouth Coastguard Operations Centre to assist the St Ives Coastguard Rescue Team tasked to a report of a fallen climber.

Reported that the Male climber had fallen from the main face, Bosigran, on the north coast he had sustained possible head injuries. Duty Coastguard Helicopter “Rescue 924” had also been tasked and it was also known the Cornwall Air Ambulance had landed on the cliff top close to the incident.

St Ives CRT with the Station Officer in command (St Ives Oscar) were soon on scene followed by ourselves, the casualty position was soon established at the base of an access gully close to the climb. Paramedics treating the casualty soon established that although injured the male was classified as a “walking wounded” and could (with assistance) make his way to the top of the cliff.

A coastguard Rope Technician was deployed and lowered on ropes to assist the casualty with the walkout. Soon at the top of the cliff the Male plus Paramedic made their way to a Coastguard “off-road” vehicle for transportation to an awaiting land Ambulance, the services of Cornwall Air Ambulance and “Rescue 924” not now required they were free to return to their bases. Both Teams now re-grouped, de-briefed and then returned to their Stations.

OP Jeremy Wilton 23 Apr 2019
In reply to PaulJepson:

Good to hear and I suspect I echo many by stating how grateful we are to you emergency services...

jonkd 14 May 2019
In reply to Jeremy Wilton:

If anyone knows the climber/ partner involved I cleaned the route after and have some of their gear from the top pitch. Left details with the Coastguard but nobody has been in touch. 

Happy to reunite gear with owners if it’s possible. 

Post edited at 23:07
Kieran King 13 Jun 2019
In reply to jonkd:

This was my grandad and I was there on the last pitch he fell back and hit his head and there was a lot of blood if I can remember. Thanks for cleaning the root and getting the gear back 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...