Doveholes, The Bat, Dovedale & Thors Cave

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 27 Feb 2021

Hi All

I've noticed the fixings and chain etc at Dovestones, near Milldale have been upgraded/renewed. I think this is known as 'The Bat'. I'd love to get some photographs/video of someone climbing this. I supply national and international media. I'm just looking for a pretty set of photos. No agenda. Climbers can be named or anonymous. I shot similar at Thors Cave a few years ago.  And I'd love to shoot another set of photos there too.

Thors Cave example:  https://fstoppress.photoshelter.com/gallery/2014-05-05-thors-cave/G0000NFOb...

I'd be most grateful if someone could let me know if they are planning to climb at either location, know someone who is, or advise on finding out when I should go. 

Both caves are a 15/20 min drive away so could be done at short notice. Tomorrow (Sunday) would be good? Or this afternoon...Free photos on offer.

Cheers

Rod

07765 242650

Post edited at 12:35
 wilkie14c 27 Feb 2021
Removed User 27 Feb 2021
In reply to wilkie14c: Ace - that’s the photo I want! Maybe when lockdown ends..?

Scott Anderson 28 Feb 2021
In reply to Removed UserRod Kirkpatrick:

Thank you so much for taking those shots Rod, one of them I had printed out at A1 and framed. Now has prime position on my office wall 😁 happy memories indeed 

Removed User 28 Feb 2021
In reply to Scott Anderson:

Hi, that’s great to hear. So often my photos remain stored on a hard drive and never printed. 

Do you fancy climbing it again. I could film a little documentary about it too. It would be fun.

Let me know. 

Cheers

Rod

Michael Hood 28 Feb 2021
In reply to Scott Anderson:

I hope you set up the "swing" from the thread/belay at the lip - nicely exposed once you're laterally about 10 ft outside the cave.

Liam P 28 Feb 2021

Evening Rod,

It’s been on my wish list for ages so I’d be keen. I had a look Christmas before last and the bolts weren’t great. Happy to hear someone has gone to the expense of upgrading them as it looks like a right laugh.

With the current lockdown dates, I’d be looking at Easter Weekend at the earliest - absolutely no worries if you can get someone sooner.

Removed User 28 Feb 2021
In reply to Liam P: That sounds like a plan in the making!? Let’s stay in touch. Where are you based? 

Cheers

Rod

Liam P 01 Mar 2021

Hi Rod,

Just seen you left your number so I’ll give you a text!

johnwarburton 14 Mar 2021

I did the bat extension last Monday there are some mega long reaches on it, a grade harder than the bat.

I had to go back the next day and retrieve some of my slings as my partner couldn't clean it.Lots of aerial gymnastics goin on. I have pics but dont know how to put them on here.

Post edited at 23:22

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...