De l'autre côté du ciel 9a : uncut

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
OP gallam1 28 Mar 2021
In reply to gallam1:

The sandstone grovel at the end is just brilliant.

Stringy 28 Mar 2021
In reply to gallam1:

That's a great bit of climbing and filming. It's also worth watching if you turn your screen upside down.

OP gallam1 28 Mar 2021
In reply to gallam1:

"According to his Instagram post, Seb broke a bit of a left rib while doing the big cross-over (that's why the ending seems so hard, and he's grinning at the end, touching his rib ...)."

That's how a route builds a proper reputation.

In reply to gallam1:

Imagine trying so hard you break bones. Not through falling off, just from being so strong and pushing really hard. I'm completely in awe.

Iamgregp 29 Mar 2021
In reply to gallam1:

I know one 9a is supposed to be as hard as the next, but by god does this look hard!  Every move one after the other is horrible.... 

Olaf Prot 29 Mar 2021
In reply to Iamgregp:

Looks about Harrisons 6a to me...

Iamgregp 29 Mar 2021
In reply to Olaf Prot:

It does look quite Harrisonsy doesn't it?

OP gallam1 29 Mar 2021
In reply to gallam1:

I was just thinking what it would have been like if we had had a video of Fred Rouhling doing this in 1997.  Hard Grit came out 1 year later.  This would have seemed like it was from another planet.

In reply to Olaf Prot:

I suppose you are joking! I used to be able to do Harrison's 6a but I am not sure I could do a single move on this! Looks like a lot of sustained 6b+(++). Surely 6a equates to about Fr 7a?

I wonder about the long term effects on the fingers and hands of such a sustained strenuous climb.

Toerag 29 Mar 2021
In reply to gallam1:

> The sandstone grovel at the end is just brilliant.

Can you imagine being too pumped to hold onto that? What a heartbreaker that would be!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...