Crag etiquette reminder

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dinodinosaur 01 Feb 2020

Don't throw shit down on top of people, and apologise if you do so by accident. 

Was climbing today and the crag access path ran underneath some routes. There was a man top roping a route and was sat on the rope doing what looked like "route cleaning" lobbing rocks off (Neither of them were wearing helmets) We asked his belayer if it was alright for him to stop a minute so we could pass and he said yes (he could have asked us to wait an minute and we would have obliged). As we quickly passed under some rocks landed on me... I told the man on the rope to "f*ck off and stop throwing shit down the crag for one second" his belayer told me he wasn't throwing shit, just before I see a dinner plate sized rock flying through the air... Some fruity language came out of my mouth and they returned fire with equally offensive words. My girlfriend ended the encounter with "I think the words you were looking for were sorry that was an accident".

Wtf is with some people? 

The worst part was I passed by pretty close to his belayer when I got hit, if his belayer had been hit without a helmet on then that is a suboptimal situation.

#rant over 

Post edited at 17:25
pasbury 01 Feb 2020
In reply to dinodinosaur:

What crag was this? It sounds like a suboptimal crag.

OP dinodinosaur 01 Feb 2020
In reply to pasbury:

Neddyfields at Portland, probably sub optimal route choice  

Basemetal 01 Feb 2020

The clue's in the name?

nikoid 01 Feb 2020

Did you have to swear at him?

OP dinodinosaur 01 Feb 2020
In reply to nikoid:

In hindsight no, but we all say things irrationally or in the heat of the moment.

Edit: rocks landing on someone isn't conducive to having a clear mental state. This is a very rare ocurrance for me. I'm much more reserved and less rash and is certainly the first time I've sworn at someone to their face. 

Post edited at 18:55
 John Ww 01 Feb 2020
In reply to nikoid:

Of course he f*cking did

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...