Climbing near Benalmadena with kids

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jemmaclimbs 01 Jun 2020

Hi we are flying into Malaga 13th dec for 20 nights (covid permitting) with our 2 and 5 year old.  My sister is also coming for 1 week with her kids. We are taking our gear and hope to leave the kids with her for a 1 day escape and go explore what el chorro has to offer. Also looking for something closer for short trips with the kids - safe area for the kids to potter about whilst we climb and not a long walk in. We can also travel about, the only accommodation we have booked is benalmadena for 4 nights over Christmas. The rest of the time we will move about. Thanks! 

Lankyman 01 Jun 2020
In reply to jemmaclimbs:

It must be 25 years ago but Mijas sounds like a good bet for you? It's close to your base and when I was there it was on the edge of a housing development. You actually belayed from the pavement for some routes. Other routes were in a kind of cleft that back then was used as a donkey stable. Softer than usual landings if you fluff the first clip.

Removed User 01 Jun 2020
In reply to jemmaclimbs:

Mijas was a right dump 3 years back when i last looked at it, full of rubbish just dumped there.

In reply to jemmaclimbs:

Look up Puerto Rico, near Marbella, I've heard there has been a lot of development since I lived there, don't know how comfortable it is but I heard it's good.

Mijas is OK if you can put up with dirt and pigeon shit...

Mark Bull 02 Jun 2020
In reply to jemmaclimbs:

Benahavis might be a reasonable venue - it's about 50 mins drive from Benalmadena, but has a short walk-in and a rocky river bed with swimming pools below the crag which could be nice for the kids to explore (with adult supervision). 

In reply to jemmaclimbs:

David Munilla is currently preparing a new guide to the Malaga South Area. I have been assisting him with translation. If he can muster enough support advertising it may be published before Christmas 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...