Climbing at Moraira

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mike Gresham 22 Nov 2019

On returning to the uk and a subsequent trip tonthe Costa Blanca, I note that the great venue of Moraira is not included in the selected climbs guides available. What happened to it?

Simon Caldwell 22 Nov 2019
In reply to Mike Gresham:

"Currently no climbing is allowed due to access problems."

Moraira

Mark Eddy 22 Nov 2019

The climbing group of the Xàbia Excursionist Center (CEX) are hinting at possible re-equipping at  Moraira crags. However I think at present climbing is still discouraged (maybe banned) and the fixed gear is mostly rotten. 

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 22 Nov 2019
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

> "Currently no climbing is allowed due to access problems."

If I recall correctly the ban was to do with rare flora,

Chris

Rick Graham 22 Nov 2019
In reply to Chris Craggs:

> If I recall correctly the ban was to do with rare flora,

> Chris

I once got turfed off Moraira on the crags close to and overlooking some apartments.

Resident called the police. I got the impression she did not like seeing the public on crags over 100m away,  outside her land.

Edit. We also read some signs  , signed by the mayor, which did not explicitly ban climbing . All probably about ten years ago.

Post edited at 16:38
 Aaron Lines 22 Nov 2019

Hit the deep water soloing instead

David Mora 23 Nov 2019

Hi all,

actually Moraira is not banned the normal crag. It is banned the area before to arrive the cave (flora) and the cave (archeologic). The main sector is just right.

But, it is really rusty, I don't recomend to climb there now. Members os the Mountain Club of Xavia are rebolting the areas around Xavia, but not Moraira, and the problems with the police was in Morro Falquí, but now is very calm.

Yours

David Mora

Mountain Guide

BrendanO 24 Nov 2019

That's a shame. Very happy memories of this 'newish' venue 20 years ago!!

el diablo 24 Nov 2019
In reply to BrendanO: Likewise Brendan, felt quite wild with snakes on routes and squill plants at the base of the crags. Shame if it is lost to climbers, but a gain for the wildlife I suppose. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...