Brean boulder traverses - tides

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi all,

I've taken a look at previous threads on Brean tides but they all relate to the sport area rather than the boulder traverses around Bones Chimney. Although the traverse area is a little further inland I think it might also be a bit lower.

I'd like to get a session in tomorrow morning from 8am 'til 10am. It's high tide (10.3m) just before midday. Is the traverses area likely to stay dry 'til 10am and will I be able to get back across the beach OK? I know there is the high route from the sport area but I will be pretty pushed for time so it would be better if I could just leg it across the beach if possible!

Thanks 

The Pylon King 10 Aug 2020
In reply to Somerset swede basher:

Yeah I think you will get away with it.

TheGeneralist 10 Aug 2020

Be careful. We finished one evening session to find a big crowd of people and the Coastguard.

When I say be careful, what I mean is let the Coastguard know you don't need rescuing.

Post edited at 20:44
 The Pylon King 10 Aug 2020
In reply to TheGeneralist:

God yeah there is a high percentage of very thick people on the beach at Brean year round. Must be horrendous at the moment.

The Pylon King 11 Aug 2020

You made it ok?

In reply to The Pylon King:

Yes thanks. I left at 9.45am and the sea was still miles away, could probably have got another hr in if I'd have had time. Beach still empty when I left but I suspect not for long!

The Pylon King 11 Aug 2020

Whats the parking situation like before 9?

Kevster 11 Aug 2020

Flip flops and ron Fawcett shorts? Lol

In reply to The Pylon King:

The NT car park doesn't open til 10 but the cafe car park just past it is open. The sign on the ticket machine says pay at the cafe which I assumed would be closed at 7.30am but the cafe man soon came shouting across the beach to correct me! It was all cool though. I'm going to go for another session thurs morning about the same time if you want to join me? 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...