Are Giggleswick (or nearby crags) dry?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Takein 24 Jan 2020

Looks like some climbing being done at Giggleswick South last weekend. Can anyone report on how dry it is up there at the mo or whether they've had much rain this week.

Would also be glad to hear of any other Yorkshire mid-grade sport crags that are dry and pleasant at the mo.

Thanks all.

Will Hunt 24 Jan 2020
In reply to Takein:

No signficant rain this week, so the usual suspects like Gigg South will probably be dry.

Saturday's forecast looks a bit humid and with a reasonable south-westerly. If you're going to Gigg, I'd wrap up warm, take a flask, and prepare to suffer!

TobyA 24 Jan 2020
In reply to Takein:

Last weekend there was some really nice sunshine and Sunday in particular not much wind. This weekend looks pretty mank. Looking at your favourite climbs on your profile I'm going to guess you might be from somewhere dryer than Yorkshire - so be warned "dry and pleasant" is a dangerously relative term! I suspect not much will be pleasant this weekend, even if it's dry-ish. Expect grease and bits of mud if its anything like Peak Limestone currently!

Bulls Crack 25 Jan 2020
In reply to Takein:

Cold and miserable today I'd imagine and raining tomorrow  - wouldn't tempt me! 

In reply to TobyA:

It’s Yorkshire Limestone so it’ll be much nicer.

Jon Stewart 26 Jan 2020
In reply to Bulls Crack:

> Cold and miserable today I'd imagine and raining tomorrow  - wouldn't tempt me! 

Wouldn't tempt me whatever the weather. It's whack.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...