Almscliff - finish to pram pushers paradise

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mattwilk 17 May 2019

I've been on pram pusher's paradise twice now, and still baffled as to the correct finish. Depending on what you read it seems you either finish on the arete just before going round the corner on some big flutings, but with not much else (awkward); or keep going almost to whisky crack and top out just left of it - but it seems it would be hard to avoid going into the crack itself.

Anyone know which way is correct? Or is the grade basically the same but one has an awkward top out, and the other has a longer traverse?

Whilst we're on the subject, does v chimney direct go over the flutings, or flake/break thing on the lip further left?

spidermonkey09 17 May 2019
In reply to mattwilk:

Finish awkwardly on the arete. Theres a big jug over the lip a little way back.

I can confirm that going just round the arête then going for the top is a bad idea.

OP mattwilk 21 May 2019
In reply to spidermonkey09:

Do you mean about a metre left of whiskey crack?

spidermonkey09 21 May 2019
In reply to mattwilk:

No, I mean on the arete. That said, its probably the same grade whatever way you finish. Its just a bit of a grovel. Not a great route, there are way better Vs' at Almscliff. 

OP mattwilk 23 May 2019
In reply to spidermonkey09:

Ok thanks. Seems like it makes the exposed traverse short-lived, but saves a lot of rope drag I guess. I don't think there's many VS routes anywhere that feel as out there as when you step off the slab. I really rate it. Agreed that there are better VSs at the cliff though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...