UKC

RF App - Cannot view UKC crag's routes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Garethza 30 May 2020

Havent used the app for a while due to CV and winter but went out today and I couldnt for the life of me find out how to get to the route list for UKC crags?? I can see the description and crag pics from UKC but no route lists.

There used to be a button 'route list' or something that you pressed then the list pops up and you can tick your routes off but it seems to have dissapeared... I tried swiping up down left right but to no avail it could not be accessed!

I am a digital designer myself so I should be able to figure it out!! Where has it gone???? 

overdrawnboy 30 May 2020
In reply to Garethza:

I've had this for 6 months on different guides but always my local crags. Am about to ask for a refund.

In reply to Garethza:

Hi both,

Garethza - We recently updated the UKC Crag view on iOS. During that we missed including this button. This was obviously a bit of an oversight! But we're going to be adding that functionality back in. For the meantime you can go to the routes tab and search for the crag in question, click on one of the routes there and then select the "list routes" icon on the route cell. Sorry about that. It'll get sorted soon.

overdrawnboy - Sorry, I don't quite understand. It sounds like you might be having a similar issue? If you're having some issues the best way to get hold of us is through the "Email Us" screen in the app. This is under Settings -> Help and Support. It will include some logging that may help us determine if there is something going wrong.

Regards,
Martin

OP Garethza 30 May 2020
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

I get a 401 error for any UKC route/crag searches. No worries I understand the iOS App Store deployment can be quite a pain was just wondering as that is probably the most used feature on the app !

In reply to Garethza:

Hi Garethza.  401s shouldn't ever happen for that endpoint, so something has gone wrong at a lower level. 

Can you try each of the following and see if any of them allows I'm that search to work:

- turn on and off airplane mode

- connect to another WiFi network

- or turn off WiFi and try using your data

- if you have access to a vpn, connect to that

- reboot the phone

Let me know how it goes. If you're still having trouble, send a support request from within the help section of the app and I'll check your logs tonight.

OP Garethza 31 May 2020
In reply to Stephen Horne - Rockfax:

That didn’t work either so I sent the logs.. 

OP Garethza 04 Jun 2020
In reply to Stephen Horne - Rockfax:

Any update? App is still as useful as a potato currently! 

In reply to Garethza:

Hi, sorry for the slow response. I'm still trying to get to the bottom of this.

In reply to Garethza:

I've tracked this down to something going wrong in the app. I'm putting together a new build to fix it, then I'll submit it for review with Apple. Hopefully that means it will be out in the next few days. 

In reply to Garethza:

Version 3.6.2 is now available, and includes both a fix for the search issue and the route list from ukc crags. 

You'll need to search for the app on the App Store to get the update, as it's on phased release, so probably won't prompt you to update it for a few days. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...