UKC

Crag maps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 irving1043 30 May 2020

Got a new phone. My app wont install crags on the map. Was planning on going to darby delph tomorrow but can't get it up on the map

cragtyke 30 May 2020
In reply to irving1043:

I think there's a bird ban to the end of June anyway, there used to be an observation hide there for the peregrines.

In reply to irving1043:

Hi rirving,

I've had another user report map markers not loading on another device. It's currently on the list of things to be looked at.

Are you able to download and access rockfax crags through the downloads tab currently? Are any map markers at all loading on the maps tab? 

I can't reproduce the issue but it's on the agenda.

Regards,

Martin

Simon Caldwell 01 Jun 2020
In reply to cragtyke:

Yes, and there's usually an RSPB warden around to check

OP irving1043 17 Jun 2020
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

Hiya,

I can install guidebooks but thats it

Luke01 17 Jun 2020

I'm having the same issue. 

> Are you able to download and access rockfax crags through the downloads tab currently?

Yes

>Are any map markers at all loading on the maps tab?

Installed rockfax crags show up, as do store crags and directory items. Only ukc crags not showing up (and its switched on in filter and settings). 

TobyA 17 Jun 2020

Since yesterday I think I haven't been able to tick routes I do through the app. If I haven't done the route before clicking on the tick to put in date, partner, style and so on either crashes the app or closes the topo page and takes you back to the intro page for that crag. I have reported it via the Google "send feedback" option after a crash, but am not sure if you get those by the hundreds or not!

In reply to irving1043:

Hi Rirving - I think I've got a fix for this that will be in the next release. We've been busy making some adjustments to how the app will communicate UKC the last few days.

Toby - Thanks for the heads up on this. That is strange, I didn't get an email about that. I'll check that the Play Store has the correct email address. The issue might be due to a change that was made last night to the UKC API (the thing the app uses to communicate with UKC). I'm out at the moment but I'll verify if that's broken in the morning and look at correcting that.

Cheers,
Martin

TobyA 17 Jun 2020

If us as the users don't write anything in those "report a fault" pop ups, do you as the developers still get useful information?

I've just been having another fiddle with the app - the not being able to tick a route thing still seems to be happening, but only with Aldery Cliff (where I was last night, and hence where i was trying to tick the route I did). On some other random cliffs I have downloaded, both in Peak Limestone and Eastern Grit, using the tick button led me to the normal drop down menus for adding all your details. But on Aldery this happens (and the it crashes):

Post edited at 22:16

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...