wyndcliff belays

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JulioFranco 17 Jun 2022

Just an update on the wyndcliff belays.

New static lines have been added and all the old ropes removed. 

- Fiver: there is a good tree to the right with tat to ab off, no need to top out.

- Senew: two lines coming from the tom added so the belay is where it used to be. Some gardening on its exit too so it should be quite comfortable to top out or ab off.

- The Don: two lines coming from the top to replace a rather old single line. The newer pieces of tat have been left in place at the belay stance.

- Mercury: new line coming from the trees further back and an anchor to the tree by the belay stance. A huge block came off in the previous visit but it seems quite settled now.

Thank you to the BMC for supplying the static rope and Ben for helping me with it.

bpmclimb 18 Jun 2022
In reply to JulioFranco:

Many thanks for the efforts. UKC page now updated.

Just to avoid confusion, the first two climbs you mention should read Fibre and Sinew

Rick Sewards 18 Jun 2022
In reply to JulioFranco:

Thanks very much Julio and Ben, for restoring some great routes

Rick

Cheese Monkey 18 Jun 2022
In reply to JulioFranco:

I would add (mostly out of paranoia) that while I am very happy with the work we have done it is still the responsibility of climbers to make their own judgements - as always. Some adjustments may be needed as knots tighten etc. Big thanks to the BMC, Julio and Dicks Climbing

Post edited at 11:55
 badgerjockey 29 Jun 2022
In reply to bpmclimb:

Hey, just checked The Don’s page, mainly cos I want to do it now! Can’t see where on that page has been updated. The latest feedback advises,’DO NOT CLIMB’. Want me to change it? 

Massive thanks to Julio and Cheese for the much needed re-equipping. I’m sure this has prevented a bad day out for several people, or at least an expensive dry cleaning bill.

Fellover 29 Jun 2022
In reply to JulioFranco:

Nice one

Martin Hore 29 Jun 2022
In reply to JulioFranco:

Huge thanks. Sinew is one of my favourite routes.

Martin

bpmclimb 29 Jun 2022
In reply to badgerjockey:

By all means add new feedback. I just put a general note up for the crag, and removed the "no entry" signs on several routes

steve_gibbs 29 Jun 2022
In reply to JulioFranco:

Thank you for your efforts fixing those belays. Much appreciated. Gotta admit I topped out of one of those routes back in Jan, to that massive fallen tree clinging onto the cliff top, with the anchor rope still attached. Terrifying! It’s a super crag with its 35-40m routes and shame it’s not more popular, despite Wynd Cliff Quarry up the road invariably rammed!

Cheese Monkey 30 Jun 2022
In reply to steve_gibbs:

Yes that fallen dead tree is still there, it would need professionals to remove it due to it's size and location. But at least it no longer forms part of the belay anchors!

badgerjockey 30 Jun 2022
In reply to bpmclimb:

Have updated each route's feedback. Thanks.

bpmclimb 01 Jul 2022
In reply to all:

By the way, every time I get to the top of Cardiac I notice the fairly massive but dead branch on the big belay tree. I've cautioned at least two relative novices who slinged to it and then pronounced themselves safe. Perhaps it should be sawn off - or would that compromise the health of the tree?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...