Where was everyone today?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Emilio Bachini 29 Jun 2019

Trow Gill

Clapham was packed with cars, so I expected the Gill to be the similar with people.

Turned up and there was one party of two and no one else appeared all afternoon.

I thought everyone would be seeking the shade of the South Wall but evidently not.

Where was everyone hiding today? 

Baron Weasel 29 Jun 2019
In reply to Emilio Bachini:

Kettle crag, it was boiling!

Will Hunt 29 Jun 2019

How was the south wall today? I spent a few days there last summer when it was spotlessly clean and chalk during the dry spell. It was just brilliant!

It was quite busy last year. Maybe people are expecting it to be still mucky or a bit seepy?

Rog Wilko 30 Jun 2019
In reply to Baron Weasel:

> Kettle crag, 

Did you like it?

In reply to Will Hunt:

There was a breeze earlier in the afternoon but once it disappeared it was akin to climbing indoors on a summer day.

It didn’t present the best conditions for some of the routes on the South Wall. Some of the routes could still do with a brush.

South Wall Central (7c+) had a good clean yesterday, except the first 2 bolts and the easier finish.

Both Pursuit of Excellence (7b+) and Hardcore Ecstasy (7b) are pretty clean in the upper cruxes. 

Baron Weasel 30 Jun 2019
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Yes I did, it was a spontaneous flying visit as I'd bumped into some friends while camping in langdale Fri night who were going there so only got to do minor slab. I doesn't match some of the other crags in the valley, but I'll definitely be going again (probably when there's less bracken next spring!)

nufkin 30 Jun 2019

>  Where was everyone hiding today?

Worthy Farm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...