Undiscovered Dave Macleod

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RM199 25 Dec 2019

So has anyone seen it? 

Is it good? 

And does anyone now how I can buy it on DVD instead of this annoying download thing on Vimeo? 

Thanks

and merry Christmas 

(also this may be a damming indightment of Christmas TV!)

chrisprescott 25 Dec 2019
In reply to RM199:

Hi there, we've got no plans to release it on DVD unfortunately, you have to order by the thousand and there just isn't the market for it anymore.

If it helps you can use 'christmas10' to get 10% off the film on Vimeo

mattrm 25 Dec 2019
In reply to chrisprescott:

I'd love to see some numbers on DVD sales for climbing vids, cause I'll be honest, I'm disappointed that there don't seem to be DVDs any more.  Lots of videos, but they'll all be lost eventually when people stop hosting them.  Which seems sad to me.

Andy Gamisou 26 Dec 2019
In reply to chrisprescott:

Any chance of releasing it on 35mm celluloid?

chrisprescott 26 Dec 2019
In reply to mattrm:

Hi Matt, I agree it's sad to think that films rarely exist in a physical format anymore and also particularly depressing as a filmmaker to think that all the time and effort spent making films could be lost in a few years. Just imagine some future civilisation unearthing a reel of film, all you really need to do is shine light through it and spin it fast enough to watch it, can't imagine it'll be quite the same digging up a hard drive and then having to find the right cable for a hard drive that was only compatible with an Apple computer 200 years ago...

Maybe some sort of physical format for films will come along again although given the fast food throwaway nature of video now I'm not holding my breath! Perhaps one option would be to crowdfund for a DVD version of future films where they'd only get made if enough people signed up for it

wbo2 26 Dec 2019
In reply to chrisprescott: but hasn't 'physical ' media proven to be rather fragile. There are plenty of examples of lost episodes of this or that, and unusable media

timparkin 26 Dec 2019
In reply to wbo2:

> but hasn't 'physical ' media proven to be rather fragile. There are plenty of examples of lost episodes of this or that, and unusable media

the film institutes still use physical media as their preferred backup option. Obviously this is then stored in a salt mine somewhere under the mid-US. Digital still has it's issues and, unsurprisingly, hasn't proved it's longevity yet (i.e. we're only a few decades into most robust storage options). 

Even Amazon uses tape drives in it's Glacier project. 

I would imagine at some point we will create some form of physical media storage (some versions of digital storage using lasers to create readable cavities in crystals for instance)

GrantM 26 Dec 2019
In reply to RM199:

The trailer for Undiscovered looks great in 1080p, I think most people these days wouldn't be interested in a 480p DVD.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...