Troutal Gorge, Duddon Valley Parking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Can someone give me some info on the parking and approach to Troutal Gorge climbing? Cheers

gravy 07 Jul 2022
In reply to climberclimber321:

I've not actually been to this particular crag but I can think of three options:

(1) Park are High Wallabarrow farm (as for Wallabarrow crag) and walk along the west bank of the Duddon (might be a couple of quid in an honesty tub) there is a camping barn here as well.

(2) Park at Seathwaite and then follow the path to High Wallabarrow, cross the foot bridge, turn right and walk along the Duddon. This is where the pub is.

(3) North of the crag there is a bridge and there is a parking area for a couple of few cars at the bridge. Cross the bridge and turn left and walk down.

The last one is probably the shortest walk but none of them is very far and the walks are all beautiful.

In reply to gravy:

You can tell that you haven't visited Troutal before! The approach from Seathwaite or Wallowbarrow are both totally impractical from a climbers perspective.  But you have to admit that The walks from these places are very beautiful. 

The approach from the north via Birk's bridge is the best, alternatively park at the cattle grid south of Troutal farm, walk to the farm and take the footpath to the river, which is crossed by a new bridge.

Just watch out for the midges!

gravy 07 Jul 2022
In reply to Alan Phizacklea:

On another note can I just say I've always thought your crag diagrams were fabulous!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...