torridon group crags advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MTC 22 Jul 2019

wondered if anyone out there nows of crags in the torridon area (or kinlochewe area) that can be used to take kids to.

Its just 2, 11 year olds i'm wanting to take out. So looking for easy short climbs that are easy to acess.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

DerwentDiluted 22 Jul 2019
In reply to MTC:

Inveralligin Sea-Cliff would be my pick, beautiful spot, easy routes, easy access combined. 

Creag Alligin is worth a thought, but the routes are quite long and it is a faff to get to. Probably not a good choice unless combined with a walk.

Post edited at 08:23
 DerwentDiluted 22 Jul 2019
In reply to MTC:

I'd also look at  Am Fuar-meheallan for short easy routes that are really bouldering.

Andy Moles 22 Jul 2019
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

> Inveralligin Sea-Cliff would be my pick, beautiful spot, easy routes, easy access combined. 

It had been used as a dump when I went, loads of rusted metal and broken glass and brambles - has it been cleared up?

Offwidth 22 Jul 2019
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

Love the names of those last few boulders

Gary Latter 22 Jul 2019
In reply to MTC:

We've added a bunch of easier routes at Diabaig in recent months, from Difficult upwards, on lovely rock. They've all been added to the database on here. Also good abseil anchors at the top of some of the established easier routes - Apprentice Bhoys, S 4a at left end of the Main Cliff; Bogie, VS 4c; the first pitches of Broon's Wall & Ma Brown's Variations, both VS 4c, round on the South Wall. If the tide is out, there are a couple of nice wee crags a couple of minutes walk from the road end, beneath The Pillar.

Diabaig

OP MTC 22 Jul 2019
In reply to MTC:

Thanks very much everyone for your input, thats defintly enough to give the wee sprongs a good day out.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...