Topos for new areas in Lost Valley, Portland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pottsy84 27 Apr 2021

Has anyone got topos for the newly developed areas of Lost Valley on Portland (under Southwell Landslips in the UKC logbooks) - Sarah's Slab and White Wall? Looks like a number of new lines have been put up over lockdowns, it's one of the wife's favourite areas as rarely see anyone there!

Thanks.

Southwell Landslips

Southwell Landslips

JIMBO 27 Apr 2021
In reply to Pottsy84:

look in the new routes at photos... there are topos attached as photos to a couple of the routes...

Mick Ward 27 Apr 2021
In reply to Pottsy84:

As Jimbo says, Adam Perrett has done some great topos. And there's a new Rockfax on its way. The first part of the Lost Valley can be pretty popular at the weekend though (especially Sundays). Hopefully the recent horde of new routes in the second part will help to spread people out a bit.

Turn my back on the island for five minutes and look what happens!

Mick

OP Pottsy84 27 Apr 2021
In reply to Mick Ward:

Thanks both, Adam got in touch directly and has offered to send the topos through.

Was actually planning to visit Sunday afternoon with wife and cousin who haven't climbed for a while, complete with 5yr old and dog in tow, mainly because I've always found it quiet in there, good spread of easier grades and the child can be easily contained (once you get them in) - if it's generally busy maybe better to go elsewhere? (I know I'd probably be annoyed if I had a dog and a child running around my belayer - we generally tether them both but they need a bit of space)? Or is there a bit more space at the far end (the near end being relatively cramped in terms of usable space given the undergrowth)?

Adam Perrett 27 Apr 2021
In reply to Pottsy84:

You could swing a cat down the far end by Sarah's Slab.

Note: Do not swing cats!

OP Pottsy84 27 Apr 2021
In reply to Adam Perrett:

Swinging creatures will be restricted to the dog and child

Okay will take a look then, if it's rammed there's always Neddys or the Cuttings, though neither are as good for the non-climbing elements.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...