The tiger who came to tea

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gravy 19 May 2020

Out and about Burbage area yesterday and the boulders had come and used all the chalk in the tap - literally bucket loads painting the place white as if they were being paid a bonus for covering as much rock and ground as possible. I think it was the worst I've ever seen and every problem was set to self-chalking.

If you must over do it with the chalk brush it off after.

There's a weird thing going on - I think a new generation of folk are discovering the outdoors because the gyms are closed but they've not learnt to pick up litter etc so if this is you: the outdoors is nice partially because it's (relatively) unspoiled - if you don't look after it it gets trashed pretty quickly so take your shit home and clean up after yourselves and others.

Also leaving pyramids of bagged dog shit in the car park isn't nice either -I just don't get it, why pick up a biodegradable dog turds in the middle nowhere, carry it around all day, package them in a plastic non degradable bag and then make a little Andy Goldsworthy sculpture out of it in the car park? Are you particularly proud of this or something?

Rigid Raider 19 May 2020
In reply to gravy:

There's no accounting for people's stupidity. My only ever trip to a mountain bike trail centre proved to me that even right-on down-with-the-kids mountain bikers can be slovenly idiots when I saw the identical PET drink bottles thrown down by the trail for the first half mile or so after leaving the trail centre shop. 

I've always said that a mark of true idiocy is the inability to think in abstract terms and foresee the effect of your actions on other people; I think that just about sums it up.

tjdodd 19 May 2020
In reply to gravy:

I don't think it is boulderers. It is winter climbers - if its white you can get the axes out.

ChrisBrooke 19 May 2020
In reply to gravy:

Out of interest, which areas? Over-chalking and general mistreatment of the rock like tha is a bugbear (like for most reasonable, normal people)   

The Pylon King 19 May 2020
In reply to gravy:

They are all Jeremy Hunts.

Clauso 19 May 2020
In reply to gravy:

I prefer Sean Lock's The Tiger Who Came for a Pint:

youtube.com/watch?v=J990g4Va--0&

Ben Farley 19 May 2020
In reply to gravy:

A growing trend over the past few years has been, not just tick marks, but chalk circles drawn around foot holds. Loads of this at Pex Hill, usually drawn around massive foot holds that are near visible from space anyway.  Occasionally I have seen holds marked with L and R, just in case remembering which hand or foot to use was too challenging.

GravitySucks 19 May 2020
In reply to Clauso:

> I prefer Sean Lock's The Tiger Who Came for a Pint:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J990g4Va--0

Excellent !

Mike Nolan 19 May 2020
In reply to Ben Farley: Noticed this at both Harmers and Frodsham in the last few days too. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s the same person! 

Ben Farley 19 May 2020
In reply to Mike Nolan:

Just giving the holds a brush to remove the excess chalk would be a start at Pex. So much chalk caked around many holds. I simply walk around tutting, looking grumpy and making a big deal out of brushing the chalk off. That'll show 'em... 

dinodinosaur 19 May 2020
In reply to gravy:

Maybe they are compensating for their loss of strength over lockdown with more chalk? 

OP gravy 19 May 2020
In reply to dinodinosaur:

You mean 1Kg chalk for each Kg of coronaspeck?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...