The People of Climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris_Mellor 23 Jun 2020

There hasn't been any forum discussion of this video since it was posted on June 19th. I started watching it and found it tedious from the start, and the starting monologue became even more tedious as it went on. Annoyingly there were no video controls - like > - on my screen to move through the video and get past this dull monologue. After two attempts to watch it I gave up. Has anyone seen it all the way through? What was it like?

Suncream 23 Jun 2020
In reply to Chris_Mellor:

Why do you feel the need to post just to tell us you found it boring?

I liked it and found it informative.

Tom Valentine 23 Jun 2020
In reply to Suncream:

Why did you feel the need to post your first sentence? Your second one did a good job on its own.

DizzyVizion 23 Jun 2020

I thought all the talking was pointless. Generic statements said people who love to hear their own voices (not a criticism of the subject of the film at all).

I was hoping to hear someone say something about an experience they had as I would have found that quite interesting. But sadly the only thing that came close was the (fake?) voicemail at the start.

You don't see many Petzl or Black Diamond ads with black people in them, which simply shouldn't be the case. But it is. I just wished the film makers addressed it a bit more effectively.

JLS 23 Jun 2020

>”Has anyone seen it all the way through? What was it like?“

Yes. A bit dull.

I don’t think I’d get on with the woman that was saying ropes in climbing walls remind her of lynching; she seem a bit more than woke. Perhaps it’s all just too far from my world for me to relate to in any meaningful way...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...