Stanning Ruffs original manuscript

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 20 Jun 2022

I was contacted by a random stranger tonight who told me that one of her dad's former climbing partners (no names) had given him an original Ruffs manuscript. The dad asked the daughter to find me and ask me what to do with it - he doesn't want it to get binned.

Anyone got any ideas on how to respond?

Chris

smithaldo 20 Jun 2022
In reply to Chris Craggs: do they still have a central historical climbing docs centre somewhere??? Used to be at reghed maybe??

or speak to the peak rock fella who has had access to this type of stuff before?

Offwidth 20 Jun 2022
In reply to Chris Craggs:

MHT seem an ideal home.

Co1in H 21 Jun 2022
In reply to Chris Craggs:

MHT looks to have this role these days.

In reply to Co1in H:

What’s happened to Rock Archivist?

jcm

remus Global Crag Moderator 21 Jun 2022
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

> What’s happened to Rock Archivist?

> jcm

As it happens I was in touch with him (Phil Kelly) the other day, asking about where the new new route book scans had gotten to (they're no longer on Facebook). Somebody was ripping them off so he had to take them down. He has plans to upload them somewhere new but is currently busy with other projects. A great shame he had to take them down in my view, I had a lot of fun browsing the books.

To the OP I'd second the recommendation of getting in touch with the Mountain Heritage Trust https://www.mountain-heritage.org/about/accessions

S11 22 Jun 2022
In reply to remus:

I'm a Trustee of the MHT and would be very happy to take them. Drop me an email and we can sort it. Ian Smith

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...