St. Bee's

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 petegunn 23 May 2020

Does anyone know if the farmer is allowing parking and access? I've had a few folks ask me but I don't know. There is only 1 logged climb on ukc since we were allowed back out and I don't know any fisherman which also use it.

Cheers

Rick Graham 23 May 2020

In reply to Presley Whippet:

Is the farmer still Mr Telfer?

Had very amicable conversations with him over the years. On the grumpy farmer scale he's about a 1.

The old dog on the other hand was about a 9.9. Getting the parking coins in the honesty tin took nerves of steel.

In reply to Rick Graham:

I think so, same chap as always. 

I had a nasty run in once, I had no change for parking but was visiting regularly and paying, I planned on paying double next time. 

My error admittedly but the treatment I received was vastly out of proportion. 

A friend has been threatened with a spade. 

Tread carefully, the path around the back of the farmhouse is paved with eggshells. 

In reply to petegunn:

Telephone number of the farm on the page linked below. Might save a wasted journey. 

https://www.ramblefest.com/long-distance-paths/paths-a-to-e/coast-to-coast-...

OP petegunn 23 May 2020
In reply to petegunn:

Thanks all will pass on the info.

Regarding the farmer I've only had good experiences with him.

On our way home one day near to the fog horn station my mate says

"what's that parrot doing over there?"

We thought it was going to be a child's toy parrot, but to our amazement it was a real one! it was a cockatiel. We walked over to and it only managed a few half flaps and hops, it was in a bad way so we threw a t-shirt over it and put in the back of a pad. We asked the farmer if he had heard of anyone local in the village losing their parrot but he said he hadn't, he went in and fetched out a cardboard box with some hay to put it in. He explained that he had witnessed seeing parakeets before but the seagulls had come down and killed them so our fella was a lucky one!

Long story short, we ended up keeping him after looking on a lost parrot website and taking him to a rescue centre, we had him 4 years before he died of kidney failure, the vet thought that it might have been about 25 years old!   

OP petegunn 25 May 2020
In reply to petegunn:

Just to let folks know, 

The Parking at the Farm is Closed for now.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...