sron na creise

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 subtle 31 May 2019

Further to the "do I need a rope for the In Pinn" thread do I need a rope for Sron na Creise?

Quite happy to solo Curved Ridge, assume Sron na Creise is a walk with any difficulties by passable?

Also, weather forecast is looking rather wet, how is it in the wet - slippy as heck and best avoided or nice and grippy?

Milesy 31 May 2019
In reply to subtle:

I have been up it in a down pour, and pretty much all the hard bits can be avoided through grassy and chossy gullies and traverses, with lots of variation.

peppermill 31 May 2019
In reply to subtle:

Assuming you mean starting from Glen Etive then we did it a few weeks ago and didn't use one. as Milesy says it's not committing and if you're really not feeling it you can just walk around any difficulties.

OP subtle 31 May 2019
In reply to Milesy:

> I have been up it in a down pour, and pretty much all the hard bits can be avoided through grassy and chossy gullies and traverses, with lots of variation.

Wis that no sron na lairig ya numpty, as per your report here https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4822

Or did you have similar weather for both trips?

Funny getting two dislikes when asking a question about whether a scrambling route requires a rope, hmm

OP subtle 31 May 2019
In reply to peppermill:

> Assuming you mean starting from Glen Etive then we did it a few weeks ago and didn't use one. as Milesy says it's not committing and if you're really not feeling it you can just walk around any difficulties.

Thanks, just wanted some reassurance that if it looks too committing in places I can bypass these bits, you seem to indicate I can, thanks.

Milesy 31 May 2019
In reply to subtle:

> Wis that no sron na lairig ya numpty, as per your report here https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4822

Considering that was in 2010 It might be safe to assume I have had more days on the hills in the space of 9 years.......

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...